Want a Higher-End 4K TV...Sammy KS9000?

Appletax

I've got my eyes on the Sammy KS9000 65" Flat TV. What do you think? I'm looking to spend around $2K. Hopefully the VA instead of IPS panel has very good viewing angles. I tried a 55" Vizio 4K TV a while ago and the viewing angles were terrible (non-IPS).

Are there any monitors that outdo the KS9000 for that price?

What's up with the 2017 Sammy & LG TVs costing WAY more than their 2016 counterparts? Case in point: the replacement for the KS9000 is $4,000!!!! WHY WHY WHY.

Edit: Perhaps the pricing we see is just the MSRP for the 2017 models and once they're fully released the prices will be much lower. Maybe this occurred with the KS9000 and others, too.

I have a KS8500 55" and it is great, Samsung is prob going the be the most High End LED TV's out there, its just the matter of going with Sony or Samsung as far as High End, then u have LG, going from a Vizio to a Samsung is a huge difference IMO. The TV prices always start out like that, the Newer models come out around the start of the year then as they make their money on the new models the lower in price, I ended up getting my KS8500 55" at around end of year through my employer discount for 799.99

My PCPartPicker - 1st Build

2 minutes ago, Bradl79 said:

I have a KS8500 55" and it is great, Samsung is prob going the be the most High End LED TV's out there, its just the matter of going with Sony or Samsung as far as High End, then u have LG, going from a Vizio to a Samsung is a huge difference IMO. The TV prices always start out like that, the Newer models come out around the start of the year then as they make their money on the new models the lower in price, I ended up getting my KS8500 55" at around end of year through my employer discount for 799.99

Can you share your employer discount :P 

I have a Vizio 1080p 60" E-Series TV from Black Friday 2012. Gonna put it in my bedroom once I upgrade...gonna look "yuge".

Big time want a Sammy/LG/or Sony vs a cheaper brand like Vizio.

So if I wanted a 2017 Sammy I'd have to wait till later this year or 2018 to get one for a decent price.

yeah pretty much, they don't usually discount much at around this time, they usually wait for the holidays or super bowl season, i don't get like a promo code i would have to just purchase through the samsung website through our employer website, meaning u would have to trust me with ur credit card info lol.

let me see what the discount is though, u r looking at a KS9000 55"

My PCPartPicker - 1st Build

Joshua: The pricing and promotions are decided by our promotions department and we don't have any exact ides why the price is higher for the 2017 model TVs.

Joshua: However, as the days pass on there might be few discounts made available on these TVs.

Visitor: Thank you good sir :)

Joshua: Currently, it is showing only the retail price for the 2017 model TVs.

Perhaps the pricing we see is just the MSRP for the 2017 models and once they're fully released the prices will be much lower. Maybe this occurred with the KS9000 and others, too.