Sell Logitech G900 for MX Master?

jasonwj322a

I bought the G900 when it was on sale for $75. I didnt hesitate when buying it because it was 50% off and just too good to pass. I don't game on my laptop especially not competitive. Might do some casual games here and there but thats it. The G900 is definitely cool and is the first gaming mouse I've ever owned. 

However recently I've started to question myself. Is $75 on a mouse too much? 

The MX master is $60 so it's not cheap either but it should fit my usage more right? What do you guys think? I've rarely used the mouse so I think selling it back at around $75 shouldnt be a problem.

1 minute ago, jasonwj322a said:

I bought the G900 when it was on sale for $75. I didnt hesitate when buying it because it was 50% off and just too good to pass. I don't game on my laptop especially not competitive. Might do some casual games here and there but thats it. The G900 is definitely cool and is the first gaming mouse I've ever owned. 

However recently I've started to question myself. Is $75 on a mouse too much? 

The MX master is $60 so it's not cheap either but it should fit my usage more right? What do you guys think? I've rarely used the mouse so I think selling it back at around $75 shouldnt be a problem.

no

A8-7600 {} Gigabyte FM2+ Board {} CX430 {} Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb {} MSI GTX 760 2GB {}

Console.WriteLine("C# is aids");

1 minute ago, jasonwj322a said:

Mind elaborating on that? 

not worth, i have a mx master and its good, but there is the same number of buttons, its just more ergo

A8-7600 {} Gigabyte FM2+ Board {} CX430 {} Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb {} MSI GTX 760 2GB {}

If you can get the MX Master without losing money (AKA if you can sell the G900 for 60 USD or more) and you find the MX master more comfortable: sure.

Any reason you don't want to use the G900 anymore?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

If you're mainly gaming with it, the MX Master isn't good for that. The DPI is really low in comparison. It's optimized for comfort and work.

Just now, Minibois said:

If you can get the MX Master without losing money (AKA if you can sell the G900 for 60 USD or more) and you find the MX master more comfortable: sure.

Any reason you don't want to use the G900 anymore?

Not reasons because its a bad mouse. Its a great mouse and I like it. Though I figure I am paying a lot more for things I dont need. Like the design for gamers (lightweight, lag, DPI) 

3 minutes ago, nobiggieBIG said:

not worth, i have a mx master and its good, but there is the same number of buttons, its just more ergo

Hows the ergonomics with the claw style? 

Just now, jasonwj322a said:

horrible, it pushes you into palm

1 minute ago, Kloaked said:

If you're mainly gaming with it, the MX Master isn't good for that. The DPI is really low in comparison. It's optimized for comfort and work.

I dont plan on just gaming on it. I actually have a G402 somewhere if I can find it. If I do i might just sell the G900 and keep the moneym

Just now, jasonwj322a said:

I dont plan on just gaming on it. I actually have a G402 somewhere if I can find it. If I do i might just sell the G900 and keep the moneym

Well it's a comfortable mouse for work, which is all I can say. I have one for work, and I have a personal MX Anywhere for my on-the-go work stuff.

2 minutes ago, jasonwj322a said:

Could look into the MX Anywhere, which is a smaller mouse and might suit your "claw style".

Will getting back $15 on a mouse really make you feel better for spending $75?

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

On 3/27/2017 at 7:24 AM, Bouzoo said:

Will getting back $15 on a mouse really make you feel better for spending $75?

To me kinda I understand it isnt that big but its still money

3 hours ago, jasonwj322a said:

To me kinda I understand it isnt that big but its still money

Small advice, don't kill yourself too hard over $15. It is money I understand that and I get it, but don't stress yourself over it. Getting the money back is not worth the hassle of selling and buying a new one, especially since G900 as it seems to me will suit your needa better. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I love the MX Master, but I have an MX mouse since the MX Revolution. The side scrolling on the Master is a real bless for me since I'm either coding or designing and I couldn't live without it anymore. The scroll wheel is also amazing with it's free flowing thingy.

Is it worth the hassle if you have a G900? I don't know. I do game with my MX Master and I'm not bad if I might say. I don't know if i'm better with a lower latency/higher DPI mouse. I always preferred the lower DPI and sensitivity. I used to play a lot of COD and Battlefield, nowadays Overwatch and Paladins. I'm not the best there is but I really do doubt that my MX master is the problem.

Clawing is not recommended though, but why would you?

I guess you have to base it on your usecase and if you're ready to spend the bucks for the convenience or not.

This all being said, I have the connector right next to mousepad. When it was plugged in the back of my case, under my desk, i had a horrible input lag, for some reason extremely noticeable with Skyrim (like .5 - 1 second lag) Now i don't notice any input lag.

The biggest difference between the MX Master and G900 is grip and polling rate. If you palm grip the MX Master would definitely be more comfortable for everyday use. However in gaming scenarios, the MX is limited 125hz polling rate while the G900 can go up to 1000hz. You can change setting for the G900 and compare the difference and see if you need the responsiveness of a higher poll rate. Otherwise, go with the more comfortable mouse IMO.