Is it good time to buy a game from steam.

Kumar priyadarshi

I have 10$(650 INR) to spend on games.Is it a good time to buy.Is there any sales coming soon in which i can buy games like BATTLEFIELD AND GTA V

I always keep a number of titles on my wishlist and buy whenever there's a discount of 60% or more. Sales on steam come and go kind of randomly as far as I can tell.

FYI, Battlefield 3, 4, Hardline, and One are on Origin (not steam). Right now you could get both Metro games remastered for like 5$, if you're into shooters (and have a PC that can run it) you might enjoy them. Buying on Steam is the way to go though, or Origin if you want a game they have exclusively (battlefield, battlefront, titanfall, etc.)

Ryzen 7 2700x, MSI Gaming X RX 480 8gb, Asus ROG X470 Gaming, 2x8gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000, 120gb Kingston SSD (Boot) + 1TB Seagate Barracuda.

1 minute ago, satiresite said:

It's always a good time to buy games from Steam. 

I am not a rich kid.I have to use money judiciously.Thats why i want to get the most of my money.So is there any sales coming soon in which i can buy games like BF1 AND GTA V or other good game as 10$(650 inr)

1 minute ago, Frankieanime158 said:

FYI, Battlefield 3, 4, Hardline, and One are on Origin (not steam). Right now you could get both Metro games remastered for like 5$, if you're into shooters (and have a PC that can run it) you might enjoy them. Buying on Steam is the way to go though, or Origin if you want a game they have exclusively (battlefield, battlefront, titanfall, etc.)

Looks lile no one would be playing BF3 and 4 or Hardline multiplayer.Is there any good steam sale with 80-85% discount

4 minutes ago, Verrierr said:

I always keep a number of titles on my wishlist and buy whenever there's a discount of 60% or more. Sales on steam come and go kind of randomly as far as I can tell.

I heard they give good discounts on winter and summer sale.When is its coming

Personally if you want something cheap now, check out G2A/Kinguin/Humble Bundle. Personally sales on big titles is very unlikely to reach over 30% anyways. Winter sale is usually Dec-Jan and Summer is June/July. 

Magical Pineapples

5 minutes ago, Kumar priyadarshi said:

I heard they give good discounts on winter and summer sale.When is its coming

I believe there is also a fall and spring sale as well. The spring sale should be relatively soon if I remember correctly

5 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

I believe there is also a fall and spring sale as well. The spring sale should be relatively soon if I remember correctly

U mean in May-June

Just now, Kumar priyadarshi said:

U mean in May-June

I was thinking maybe even April. I do remember a big sale around the end of the school year which is around end of April early may for me.

9 minutes ago, MrUnknownEMC said:

Personally if you want something cheap now, check out G2A/Kinguin/Humble Bundle. Personally sales on big titles is very unlikely to reach over 30% anyways. Winter sale is usually Dec-Jan and Summer is June/July. 

I am new to the PCMR.During winter and summer sale Do big titles have a great discount like GTA V in 7-8 bucks

6 hours ago, Kumar priyadarshi said:

I am new to the PCMR.During winter and summer sale Do big titles have a great discount like GTA V in 7-8 bucks

The lowest I've seen GTA V go for is 50% off, so more than 7-8 bucks but still a good price.

If a game flops, it goes on sale very low, very fast

Watch_Dogs 2 is already only £25 on sale compared to £45 RRP 

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 3.5GHz

Motherboard: Asus Z97-P DDR3 ATX

RAM: Kingston HyperX Savage 8GB 2400MHz

GPU: Palit Geforce GTX 1060

Case: Zalman Z9+

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM HDD, SK Hynix 256GB SSD

PSU: SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W

10 hours ago, Kumar priyadarshi said:

No. Probs will when GTA 6 is being developed and announced. That will probs be another 3-5 years.  

Magical Pineapples

There's a few games on sale now I believe but the biggest sale is coming up soon. The steam summer sale is ussually in June I think. I'd wait till then if the games you want aren't on sale now. 

Steam summer sale is currently rumored to be June 23rd. http://www.whenisthenextsteamsale.com/

I would do as suggested above and add a bunch of games to your wishlist, you will then receive an email when they go on sale. 

CPU: i7 4790K @ 4.5ghz | Mobo: Asus B85MG | RAM: Corsair Vengence 16GB 1600Mhz | GPU: R9 390X 

SSD: Kingston 240GB | PSU: Corsair CXM 600W | Case: CIT Dominator + 6 Corsair AF120 Fans all around | 

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master TX3 | Monitor: BenQ XL2730z 144Mhz 1440p | 

Keyboard: Corsair STRAFE | Mouse: Razer DeatherAdder Chroma