Computer shuts off when I launch Furmark.

Navybound95

My computer started rebooting during beamngdrive. I would spawn a new car and my computer would power off, and then restart. GPU Temps got to about 75, and CPU temps got to about 55. I ran prime95 and it didn't restart. I ran cinebench and it didn't restart, but as soon as I launched Furmark and clicked gpu stress test, it restarted. I ran the Gta V benchmark, and it ran fine. I moved my graphics card down to the next PCI slot. I also moved the power cable for my graphics card to another connector on my semi modular power supply. I was playing beamngdrive with no issues for hours prior to this. Is this my GPU, or is it my power supply? Thanks in advance for any help.

My system specs are:

Core i5-6600k 

MSI Z270-A PRO

MSI R9-390 8GB

16 GB G.SKILL DDR4 2133

Corsair H55 Cooler

Thermaltake 750 80+Gold 

Have you done any overclocking?

Also; try reseating all power cables!

System

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K @4.5GHz - 1.230v  RAM: HyperX Fury DDR4 4x4GB 2666MHz  MB: MSI X99S SLI PLUS  CASE: NZXT H440  CPU-COOLER: Fractal Design Kelvin S24  PSU: Corsair RM1000W w/ white sleeved cable kit  GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 ARMOR  MONITOR: LG 27GL850-B  STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2, Samsung 840 EVO 256GB,  WD Red 3TB

My graphics card is running at stock settings, and my cpu was not overclocked at the time that this happened. I've already unplugged and replugged everything back in. I also just went ahead and re-installed windows. 

I would agree with your assessment of it being the PSU or GPU causing the issue you're having, but in means of troubleshooting which of the components that are fucking with you, process of elimination is the only viable way of determining the cause.

Do you have any other GPU or PSU laying around, that you could try swapping?

You could also attempt a clean install of an older GPU driver.

If i were you i would try to get my hands on another Graphics card to determine if it's your current Graphics card that is the culprit.

To me it sounds like the GPU is the one ruining your day, and if that is the case you are looking at an RMA case trough your retailer. If i were you i would just write the retailer you purchased the Graphics Card from regarding an RMA while you still are troubleshooting.

System

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K @4.5GHz - 1.230v  RAM: HyperX Fury DDR4 4x4GB 2666MHz  MB: MSI X99S SLI PLUS  CASE: NZXT H440  CPU-COOLER: Fractal Design Kelvin S24  PSU: Corsair RM1000W w/ white sleeved cable kit  GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 ARMOR  MONITOR: LG 27GL850-B  STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2, Samsung 840 EVO 256GB,  WD Red 3TB

Good for you, stop using that cancer.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

There are some old pcs at work that I can borrow a PSU from to test with, unfortunately the only one that will work is a 450w out of an old emachines. I also don't have any other graphics cards to test. I'm going to try to underclock mine to see if that helps. My motherboard recently failed and was replaced, the graphics card may also have been damaged, but is just now failing. 

I just checked newegg and my card comes with a 3 year warranty, but I'm not sure if it's the card or the power supply yet, so I don't want to send in a functioning card.