NEED HELP PICKING A CPU

Need help...

soooo yea the new Ryzen looks awesome but i'm not sold. so here's the deal i am upgrading my pc in a month my motherboard fucked and my 1070 is bottlenecked by my CPU... ok so now you know what the deal is should I get one of the new Ryzen CPU or a I7 6700K and overclock it. and BTW money is not my problem so if you have a better idea please tell me... :)

2 minutes ago, MrMcFarts said:

What do you use your computer for

is a gaming PC I have had it for five years now and not upgraded other than getting a 1070GTX

Just now, MadHatz said:

is a gaming PC I have had it for five years now and not upgraded other than getting a 1070GTX

-- BSOD : ( --

13 minutes ago, MadHatz said:

Need help...

soooo yea the new Ryzen looks awesome but i'm not sold. so here's the deal i am upgrading my pc in a month my motherboard fucked and my 1070 is bottlenecked by my CPU... ok so now you know what the deal is should I get one of the new Ryzen CPU or a I7 6700K and overclock it. and BTW money is not my problem so if you have a better idea please tell me... :)

why dont you get 7700k

4 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

The only reason not go get Ryzen right now is the shitty motherboard options. 

That is totally wrong, there has been bios updates, and there not 'shitty', yeah they have some issues and are being fixed really quickly. 

Also, Intel does better in single core perf. thus perf. better in gaming, for multitasking and rendering, Ryzen is the boss.

4 minutes ago, Ethocreeper said:

why dont you get 7700k

That is not a wise option as 7700k has very small advantage and not worth the money spend, 6700k works equally well, and the gap can be filled in by OC

2 minutes ago, Zackbare said:

That is totally wrong, there has been bios updates, and there not 'shitty', yeah they have some issues and are being fixed really quickly. 

Also, Intel does better in single core perf. thus perf. better in gaming, for multitasking and rendering, Ryzen is the boss.

Lol games don't use a single core. This isn't 2007.  They're all multithreaded. 

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

1 minute ago, Ethocreeper said:

why dont you get 7700k

i am new to PC building BTW. but doesn't 7700k get super hot compared to 6700k but be because I have no more room for water cooling.

@Zackbare

The guy is gaming, no need for Ryzen and its optimization problems. Ryzen is good for large work loads.

Gaming all you need is a very fast i5 but a i7 is better for future proofing.

If money is no object then overclock an Intel Chip, those are with the K at the end of the number and buy a oc mobo.

20 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

Lol games don't use a single core. This isn't 2007.  They're all multithreaded. 

You're in darkness my friend, almost all games need better single core performance than having multiple cores with low clock.

20 hours ago, yathis said:

@Zackbare

The guy is gaming, no need for Ryzen and its optimization problems. Ryzen is good for large work loads.

Gaming all you need is a very fast i5 but a i7 is better for future proofing.

If money is no object then overclock an Intel Chip, those are with the K at the end of the number and buy a oc mobo.

I never said to buy Ryzen, but Ryzen MoBo are not shit.

6 minutes ago, MadHatz said:

i am new to PC building BTW. but doesn't 7700k get super hot compared to 6700k but be because I have no more room for water cooling.

There isn't that much difference. Not that I'm saying you should buy a 7700K. Not unless they're the same price. 

BTW, water cooling doesn't really make that much of a difference. It just takes much longer to heat up, but unless you only game for half an hour at a time, it's going to get almost the same heat as a good air cooler would. 

5 minutes ago, Zackbare said:

You're in darkness my friend, almost all games need better single core performance than having multiple cores with low clock.

Then go run a game on a Pentium, since they have higher clock speeds than i5s.

Looking to the future, games will be optimized for Ryzen. It's doing really well considering it's running Intel targeted games. 

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

3 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Have you seen the latest Pentium series, they blast in budget gaming dude!!

Please look the architecture difference between all three of them!!

Those Ryzen doesn't stand in gamin, and optimization will be there for some, but not all games as Intel has huge market share like 90% type huge, so devs. won't bother to optimize games for Ryzen at all.

And read this thread for some real info.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/753642-amd-ryzen-r7-1800x-performance-review-techpowerup/

3 minutes ago, Zackbare said:

Have you seen the latest Pentium series, they blast in budget gaming dude!!

Please look the architecture difference between all three of them!!

Those Ryzen doesn't stand in gamin, and optimization will be there for some, but not all games as Intel has huge market share like 90% type huge, so devs. won't bother to optimize games for Ryzen at all.

And read this thread for some real info.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/753642-amd-ryzen-r7-1800x-performance-review-techpowerup/

The new Pentiums do okay, but my point is that having much higher clock speeds doesn't mean they're better than an older i5. 

We're going to have to agree to disagree on whether or not developers will optimize for Ryzen. The tides are changing. Intel will still probably dominate the market, but AMD is making a huge comeback. The i7-6700k is better, but once developers start focusing heavier on multithreading, games will run better. Games have been designed with the expectation that there will only be 4 cores.

This is exactly like things were when dual core was the most common. When quad-core started becoming a thing, it wasn't very good for gaming, because games were designed only to run on single or dual core processors.  Shelling out the money for a quad-core didn't give you any benefits at the time, but that quickly changed. 

TL;DR Developers adapt to new technology. They always have and always will. 

20 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

See, I agree about some optimization as AMD is working personally with devs. for their GPU and CPU (Vega,Ryzen) so yeah, they'll get better over-time but by the time they get better, Intel will out-beat them, with their CPU and It'll be the story of FX whole again, if AMD didn't developed their stuffs faster and better. (which IMO they'd because they're like now genuinely working sincerely and they won't let this opportunity go away)

Also, I did a poll on Ryzen v/s Kaby lake, and there has been almost equal votes on both of them.

But right now, 6700k is the option (or 7700k if you have loads of money to spend)

We can't rely on games developing, which would take at least 1 year, and also the Ryzen's infinity fabric and Hyperthreading and CCX have some design issues too, so not a good go for gaming.

We should wait for next gen of Ryzen as it's new architecture, AMD will understand and develop it accordingly, and will be better in future and there'll be games for it too..

Again, you can see all these exact arguments and debates on that thread linked above. 

20 hours ago, Zackbare said:

That is not a wise option as 7700k has very small advantage and not worth the money spend, 6700k works equally well, and the gap can be filled in by OC

BTW money is not my problem so if you have a better idea please tell me... :)

I would get Ryzen simply because the AM4 motherboards are going to be used in the next generation of Zen, Zen+.

That means, in order to upgrade your CPU, you will only need to change out the CPU with the next generation of Ryzen in like 4 years, making it much cheaper to upgrade than an intel system in the future, and Ryzen performs very well on it's own already, so it is definitely worth it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @3.7ghz (1.3v) Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 GPU: Zotac Mini GTX 1060 Case: NZXT - S340 (Black/Blue) Mobo: MSI B350m mortar arctic

RAM: Team Vulcan DDR4 (2x4gb, 2666mhz) Storage: Toshiba 1tb 7200rpm HDD, PNY CS1311 Sata SSD (6gb/s) PSU: EVGA - BQ 500w 80+ Bronze semi modular