build planning,thoughts

joey151

i still didn't buy any parts,just looking for some thoughts about my build,especially the motherboard

CPU: i5 4440 (maybe a 4460)

Gpu: rx 460 2gb

PSU: TT 450w litepower

HDD: WD 1TB

MB: MSI h61I e35 b3

my main question is about the MB it's the cheapest one i could afford in my country,was wondering if it would fit this build,is it too outdated?will it be enough for the few years coming ahead? monitor's resolution is 1366x768 (enough for me for now,i'll get a 1080p in the future maybe) mostly going to play online games (overwatch,WoW,Dota2) and some triple A titles (witcher 3 far cry 4)

P.S: i would've went Kabylake with an i3 7100 or even the pentium,but i already bough the ram long ago,didn't want to waste any more money,so i went with the 4th Gen cpu

it'll run great for a few years, considering its 768p

it would fit the build,as long as you don't go for the 4460, in which case you would need to somehow flash the newest version of the BIOS to maintain compatibility 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

3 minutes ago, themctipers said:

it'll run great for a few years, considering its 768p

it would fit the build,as long as you don't go for the 4460, in which case you would need to somehow flash the newest version of the BIOS to maintain compatibility 

so if i got with the 4440 everything will be alright?

1 minute ago, joey151 said:

yeah, but i do not know about the power supply

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

That pus is listed as tier 6 on the forums power supply tier list

General rule of thumb, don't cheap out on power supplies. when they die they like to take other components with them. Also the website says something about its max combined  output is only 385w?

http://www.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00001755

personally I’ve had 2 power supplies die on me (Store bought computer with cheapo units) and both times it took the motherboard with it.

I would suggest taking a look through that post and find better quality power supply and save a bit longer if you have to, to get it.

34 minutes ago, joey151 said:

No it won't work. You have listed an H61 board which is for Ivy Bridge and Sandy Bridge cpus (eg i5-2XXX and i5-3XXX).

23 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

No it won't work. You have listed an H61 board which is for Ivy Bridge and Sandy Bridge cpus (eg i5-2XXX and i5-3XXX).

so it support 3rd gen cpus? but isn't lga 1150 (as listed on the website that i was about to buy from) supports 4th gen?