Retailers Begin Selling AMD Ryzen 5 CPUs 3 Weeks Ahead Of Official Launch

1 hour ago, MakeAMDGreatAgain said:

Do you guys think the 1400 will actually be available at 169? Like from Amazon, NewEgg, etc?

I really hope... I'm waiting for it so bad :x

Yeah I think it will.

3 hours ago, TheRandomness said:

In other news:

'AMD moves Ryzen 5 launch date to NOW!'

LOL at this!

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

7 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

i wouldn't see why not. the r7 series were sold at the price amd gave so why wouldn't the r5 series cpus. 

Thanks. I just heard maybe the retails add "markup" or w/e and re-sale at a higher price. If so then, the 169 will be a steal and I cannot wait!

Especially since I'm upgrading from the FX 6300

"Ryzen is doing really well in 1440p and 4K gaming when the applications are more graphics bound" - Dr. Lisa Su, 2017

10 hours ago, Thinkfreely said:

In America, everywhere that isn't America is Europe.

"We're Americans...which means we actively avoid learning or caring about other cultures."  -CinemaSins

Sorry for the mess!  My laptop just went ROG!

"THE ROGUE":  ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QR (2021)

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • RTX 3070 Laptop GPU (80W)
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)
  • 2TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial P2 NVMe (games)
  • 90Wh battery + 200W power brick
  • 15.6" 1440p 165Hz IPS Pantone display
  • Logitech G603 mouse + Logitech G733 headset

"Hex": Dell G7 7588 (2018)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666
  • 1TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA (games)
  • 56Wh battery + 180W power brick
  • 15.6" 1080p 60Hz IPS display
  • Corsair Harpoon Wireless mouse + Corsair HS70 headset

"Mishiimin": Apple iMac 5K 27" (2017)

• i7-7700K
  • Radeon Pro 580 8GB (basically a desktop R9 390)
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD
  • 400W power supply (I think?)
  • 27" 5K 75Hz Retina display
  • Logitech G213 keyboard + Logitech G203 Prodigy mouse

Other tech: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in White, Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Razer Hammerhead earbuds, JBL Tune Flex earbuds, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Raspberry Pi 400, Logitech M510 mouse, Redragon S113 keyboard & mouse, Cherry MX Silent Red keyboard, Cooler Master Devastator II keyboard (not in use), Sennheiser HD4.40BT (not in use)

Retired tech: Apple iPhone XR 256GB in Product(RED), Apple iPhone SE 64GB in Space Grey (2016), iPod Nano 7th Gen in Product(RED), Logitech G533 headset, Logitech G930 headset, Apple AirPods Gen 2 and Gen 3

Trash bin (do not buy): Logitech G935 headset, Logitech G933 headset, Cooler Master Devastator II mouse, Razer Atheris mouse, Chinese off-brand earbuds, anything made by Skullcandy

On 24/03/2017 at 2:33 AM, MakeAMDGreatAgain said:

Thanks. I just heard maybe the retails add "markup" or w/e and re-sale at a higher price. If so then, the 169 will be a steal and I cannot wait!

Especially since I'm upgrading from the FX 6300

It can certainly happen sometimes, but usually only for disreputable retailers, and of course, if stock becomes scarce (If they start to sell out extremely quickly, retailers may start boosting the price a bit).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Hopefully we see actual chip benchmarks soon and not "What if" scenarios. I think Intel will still outperform it, im hoping with overclocking however it will be negligible.

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

You really think AMD cares considering their last 7 or 8 years has been a joke CPU wise? Ryzen is the best thing to happen to AMD. Why would they care if retailers sell their stock early. We need to see some reviews. My theory is that the 4 core and 6 core will OC much better than 8 cores. 

9 hours ago, Columbo said:

My theory is that the 4 core and 6 core will OC much better than 8 cores. 

That would technically be true, but Ryzen 7 already had trouble exceeding 4GHz with 2 to 4 cores disabled. Remember that like the Intel lineup, the Ryzen 3 and Ryzen 5 is basically the Ryzen 7 with cores hardware-disabled due to binning. While I am not saying it won't overclock better as a "fact", you need to be more cautious about your optimism about this.

Salazar Studio explains this fairly nicely:

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

46 minutes ago, Colonel_Gerdauf said:

That would technically be true, but Ryzen 7 already had trouble exceeding 4GHz with 2 to 4 cores disabled. Remember that like the Intel lineup, the Ryzen 3 and Ryzen 5 is basically the Ryzen 7 with cores hardware-disabled due to binning. While I am not saying it won't overclock better as a "fact", you need to be more cautious about your optimism about this.

Someone with R5-1600 only managed to OC his to 3.8Ghz@1.35v. I doubt increasing the voltage to >1.4x will make it go >4Ghz.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

13 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

Someone with R5-1600 only managed to OC his to 3.8Ghz@1.35v. I doubt increasing the voltage to >1.4x will make it go >4Ghz.

The point of the R5 series isn't the outperform the newest Intel i5s for gaming, it's to sell them for cheaper than the i5's and boast the SMT for additional productivity. The number of people who are literally just gaming on their PCs seems to be falling and AMD knows that. 

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...

Basically just locked core Series 7 chips. No real need for benchmarks. They are already out there when people locked their cores with the series 7 chips.

Some people expect something different for some reason...

Once the kinks are ironed out I hope they compete a tad better in games.