FX 8120 - Overheat

Hello, I am relatively new (but I am a Linus Follower long time ago), but today is the day I have a problem, that I do not know how to solve it, I have an old FX 8120, with a Cooler Master V8 69.7 on a ASUS M5A99XFX PRO 2.0 Mother Board, recently my cpu is overheat reaching 75° C, when I am playing or Rendering a video, but I am almost sure that does not happened the last week, I changed the thermal paste on January, and until today the problem start, also I dont know why but my CPU on the task manager keeps adding the time of use, although I turn off the computer when I stop using it, in the morning it marked 2 days of usage, I do not know if the problems are related or is a 
Bad BIOS settings (I use the "performance profile in the BIOS), also i want to turn off the USB charge when the pc is off, but as I sayed I have the fear to keep touching the BIOS, or maybe is that the spring is here (you know, more heat) but that sounds a little illogical for me, I hope you can help me, and sorry if I have some grammar mistakes, english is not my Mother language

75 is not an overheat....

Just now, Sparking said:

Hello, I am relatively new (but I am a Linus Follower long time ago), but today is the day I have a problem, that I do not know how to solve it, I have an old FX 8120, with a Cooler Master V8 69.7 on a ASUS M5A99XFX PRO 2.0 Mother Board, recently my cpu is overheat reaching 75° C, when I am playing or Rendering a video, but I am almost sure that does not happened the last week, I changed the thermal paste on January, and until today the problem start, also I dont know why but my CPU on the task manager keeps adding the time of use, although I turn off the computer when I stop using it, in the morning it marked 2 days of usage, I do not know if the problems are related or is a 
Bad BIOS settings (I use the "performance profile in the BIOS), also i want to turn off the USB charge when the pc is off, but as I sayed I have the fear to keep touching the BIOS, or maybe is that the spring is here (you know, more heat) but that sounds a little illogical for me, I hope you can help me, and sorry if I have some grammar mistakes, english is not my Mother language

Check the thermal paste/replace it. and confirm the temperature with CPUz or openhardwaremonitor

-- BSOD : ( --

3 minutes ago, Sparking said:

2 things:

1. 75 degrees C is not overheating, my i5 gets up to 80 under load. 

2. It's an old CPU (not to mention that it's an FX), so high load and heat should be expected. 

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

2 hours ago, Zackbare said:

Check the thermal paste/replace it. and confirm the temperature with CPUz or openhardwaremonitor

This and maybe clean your cooler.

System specs:

GTX 1050

16GB DDR3

Samsung evo SSD

a few HDD's

3 hours ago, Terryv said:

This and maybe clean your cooler.

Also make sure the fans are plugged in and working.

i5 6600k @ 4.4ghz on Hyper 212 Evo

Powercolor RX 480 8Gb Red Devil @1330Mhz

Bottom line:  Don't be a spaz or an 800lb gorilla when installing your expensive CPU, and you won't have any problems. --Phate.exe

Try cleaning the cooler and re-applying paste, that may help it.

Also for those saying that his 8120 isn't overheating, max safe temperature on an 8120 is 62C. FX chips don't like heat.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

7 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

75 is not an overheat....

6 hours ago, Stardar1 said:

2 things:

1. 75 degrees C is not overheating, my i5 gets up to 80 under load. 

2. It's an old CPU (not to mention that it's an FX), so high load and heat should be expected. 

75C IS an overheat. Each CPU has it's own thermal limits, and measures temperatures in different places. An 8120 is not an i5. Running at 75 constantly will kill the PC. Being old has no consequence; being an FX simply means that 75 is in fact high. There are no across-the-board safe temps, it is necessary to check each model's limits.

As @Darkman says, check for proper mounting of the cooler, and if your BIOS settings "change themselves" you may need to replace the motherboard's button-like battery.

this are the Values that HWmonitor show, in this case, I am rendering a project, the values are high? or normal? or maybe the rumors that this motherboard have some troubles with the sensors are true?

CPUID HWMonitor.jpg