Best way to get rid of Windows auto-restarting functions?

I've built a cute little computer to use as a home server/NAS, specs at the bottom of my sig (ignore the disclaimer about it not working, I fixed it). I've been planning to run Windows 10 on it for various reasons, however it needs to be an always-on machine and I can't have Windows randomly deciding to restart it. What's the best way to go about disabling this stuff? I don't care about most of Windows 10's BS in this case, but I just absolutely need the thing never to turn off/restart on its own. Hope that's possible because using Windows 7 would be considerably less convenient. 

Thanks.

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...

9 minutes ago, Spork829 said:

I've built a cute little computer to use as a home server/NAS, specs at the bottom of my sig (ignore the disclaimer about it not working, I fixed it). I've been planning to run Windows 10 on it for various reasons, however it needs to be an always-on machine and I can't have Windows randomly deciding to restart it. What's the best way to go about disabling this stuff? I don't care about most of Windows 10's BS in this case, but I just absolutely need the thing never to turn off/restart on its own. Hope that's possible because using Windows 7 would be considerably less convenient. 

Thanks.

Well if you cna afford Windows server you would not have to worry but I am sure you probably cant...

Unfortunately there is no way conventionally to do what you are asking, you can defer updates and set the restart hours so it doesnt interfere with your daytime activities.

There is unconventional ways to do what you are asking but I am not the person that can advise you in doing this. Sorry.

Linux would be another viable option for you.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

29 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

here is unconventional ways to do what you are asking but I am not the person that can advise you in doing this

Could you perhaps point me in the right direction?

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...

28 minutes ago, Spork829 said:

Could you perhaps point me in the right direction?

As I mentioned;

58 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

but I am not the person that can advise you in doing this. Sorry

Maybe another member would be willing.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER