How to calculate performance per dollar of various prpcessors?

Which spec/benchmark score of processors I can divde by dollars to know the performance per dollar or value for money? (For gaming)??

hmm. sometimes it's not that simple, because the fx-8350 looks good on paper, but in reality an i3 could out perform it. Your best bet is to use userbenchmark to compare items.

linus sex tips

3 minutes ago, Gamer Guy said:

Which spec/benchmark score of processors I can divde by dollars to know the performance per dollar or value for money? (For gaming)??

Ask Linus to send you his spreadsheet

Roses are red

My name is Roy

We caught the alligator that ate the De Luca boy

20 minutes ago, Gamer Guy said:

There are a lot of websites that do exactly that (UserBenchmark, CPUBoss, etc.). Also theres Hardware Unboxed and DigitalFoundry on Youtube, both of them made some extensive cpu comparison videos.

21 minutes ago, wii8cookies said:

hmm. sometimes it's not that simple, because the fx-8350 looks good on paper, but in reality an i3 could out perform it. Your best bet is to use userbenchmark to compare items.

I'm about to calculate perf./(currency) for i5-7xxx (non-k) processors available here in my country.

It is complicated because of how variable performance is with different software tests.  The simplest would be to find benchmarks for a few of your favorite games with the hardware you would like to consider.  Add up the FPS for each and divide by the price (be sure other variables are the same - resolution, GPU, RAM, driver version, etc)

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

33 minutes ago, wii8cookies said:

hmm. sometimes it's not that simple, because the fx-8350 looks good on paper, but in reality an i3 could out perform it.

I actually wouldn't agree on that. OP specifically asked for the best price to performance. An overclocked 8350 still wipes the floor with any i3 (same price range) in most cpu-intensive application scenarios. Gaming and light applications is mostly a tie and in terms of pricing they are also really similar. Hence the 8350 in theory is still the far superior chip (with regard to price/performance), since it performes the same or better in every category compared to an i3...

1 minute ago, black0utm1rage said:

An overclocked 8350 still wipes the floor with any i3 (same price range)

not in multi threaded performance

33 minutes ago, wii8cookies said:

that is why you need different scores. take a bench that has single and muli threaded then use that to give price to performance of both single and multi core. and as for the FX on multi threaded applications it has a much higher price to performance than an i3. i3 has better P2P on single threaded.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

I think you mean single threaded.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

you meant single-threaded performance, right?

1 minute ago, vorticalbox said:

Cinebench 11.5 - Multi-Threaded

Cinebench R10 - Multi-Threaded Benchmark

3 minutes ago, vorticalbox said:

woops i thought he meant the other way

39 minutes ago, Ethocreeper said:

easy

divide the performance score of some benchmark with the price

nope the score will vary with the graphics card used. u can use that method while doing gpu benchmarking not cpu. pure cpu workload like cinabench score can be used to grade a cpu based on performance per dollar but thats not a good representation of gaming scenario. theoretiacally a super power gpu setup like titan sli can be used to remove gpu bottleneck and benchmark the game on low resolution like 720p/1080p but it will still not be as accurate representation as seen on gpu performance per dollar because games vary widely on cpu usage..ie some games prefer clockspeed, some prefers no of cores, some prefer overall cpu horsepower or in some  games an i3 doesnot even bottleneck a titan at 1080p as they require very little cpu power