Gtx 950 860k Vs 920

So been trying the early access mass effect Andromeda and frame rates arnt too good, getting about 30 on medium preset but have quite a few dips, do peeps think that moving gtx 950 to core i7 920 from athlon 860k would help, core i7 having a bit more grunt.

All thoughts welcome

Cheers 

that's hard to say. what is your gpu usage at in game? part of me thinks that it may be the gpu and i'm not sure if you would get any performance improvement form upgrading to the i7 without also upgrading your gpu. 

Cheers, I'll try it though, GPU usage was 100% but it might be time for something pascal or gcn 4

Although just looking at some reviews on GameSpot and ignore e.t.C. It seems like Andromeda could still use some optimization, well a lot 

i7 920 is a much faster CPU, but not at it's stock frequency.

I have a intel xeon cpu and a 1070 i hope this makes you salty.

On 20/03/2017 at 1:32 PM, Aphexxis said:

i7 920 is a much faster CPU, but not at it's stock frequency.

I'll give cinebench, valley, heaven, geekbench and 3d mark firestrike scores for both CPUs at stock and how far i can overclock them later tonight after work, see what the difference is to the gpu, if not an Rx 470 will be on its way, would do for a while, and shall update how mass effect runs also.

Cheers guys

quick update, during testing mass effect andromeda on overclocked 860k at 4.5 ghz, gpu load according to gpuz hovered about 40 - 45%, will see what the i7 can do at stock and overclocked, will update tomorrow

cheers all