$2k Streaming / Gaming / Media Centre PC

Trying to stay within a tight $2000 USD Budget, so I had to make some price cuts to parts like the storage and power supply to get a better case, mobo, etc. Any suggestions? I also will be getting this PC Q3/ Q4 of 2017, and I hope for it to last a long while, as I wont be upgrading for a couple of years.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/WJ9ZvV

get higher clocked ram preferably 3200 or 3000 as ryzen infinity fabric runs faster if your memory runs faster and increases performance quite alot. also if you wanted to save money you could get the r7 1700 instead and overclock. 

well just removed windows 10 from pc picker, because you can downloaded  illegally and burn it on a USB. better get good cooling.

MSI Radeon R9 270X 

Carbide Series SPEC-02 

AMD Black Edition FX‑6300 3.5 GHz

970 MSI gaming motherboard.

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 

HHD 1TB

Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB 1866MHz DDR3

4 minutes ago, Robert27 said:

well just removed windows 10 from pc picker, because you can downloaded  illegally and burn it on a USB. better get good cooling.

The DH-15 is one of the best coolers out there, beats out nearly all water coolers. and encouraging piracy/illegal means of obtaining software is not allowed in terms of service.

I thought I had some money... Oh wait... I spent it all ;(

Just now, BlazingGunnerFTW said:

The DH-15 is one of the best coolers out there, beats out nearly all water coolers. and encouraging piracy/illegal means of obtaining software is not allowed in terms of service.

oh sorry didn't know

MSI Radeon R9 270X 

Carbide Series SPEC-02 

AMD Black Edition FX‑6300 3.5 GHz

970 MSI gaming motherboard.

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 

HHD 1TB

Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB 1866MHz DDR3

Just now, mineturte83 said:

Oh wow this actually saves quite a bit. Whats with the mobo choice though?

That is a good motherboard, but I would recommend this motherboard instead of the one that I chose: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/qMdFf7/asus-prime-x370-pro-atx-am4-motherboard-prime-x370-pro

Can a 1700 overclock up to 1800X speed?

It can, but the 1800X has a generally more overclocking headroom capability and the chip would probably be  That is really about it. Plus the performance difference wouldnt be that different anyway.

Here is the the one with the R7 1700: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/kyMYqk

Can a 1700 overclock up to 1800X speed?

yes all of the r7 series cpus overclock somewhere around the range of 3.8 to 4.0 ghz. if you have proper cooling you should be able to get around there on a r7 1700. I know i can get to 3.8 stable on 1.32V but i don't have proper cooling so i haven't tried to get higher than that but i would imagine i could get 3.9 4.0 ghz pretty easy. also most of the reviewers were able to reach around 3.9 to 4.0 ghz on their r7 1700s 

3 minutes ago, BlazingGunnerFTW said:

It can, but the 1800X has a generally more overclocking headroom capability and the chip would probably be  That is really about it. Plus the performance difference wouldnt be that different anyway.

Damn thanks, I saved quite a bit.

that's actually not true. all the reviewers have agreed that all of the r7 series cpus have a hard limit around the 4.0 ghz point and none of them really have more head room than the other besides just pure luck. some of the reviewers were able to get higher clocks on their r7 1700s compared to their 1800x so its all about luck. 

ok ok, I guess I did go a little *overboard* with the motherboard.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

XD. I have been having really good experiences with the closest Intel equivalent; the Z270-AR Prime. And it also has USB-3.1 Gen 2 ports. The Wi-Fi card is a steal in price point as it uses an Intel 2x2 AC wifi card for more than half of the cost of buying a stand alone M.2 module. And the NH-D14/15 is a massive but quiet, efficient cooling monster.

1 minute ago, mineturte83 said:

Damn thanks, I saved quite a bit.

just remember to get 3000mhz ram as the performance increase of faster ram on ryzen is quite significant and only cost like 10 more bucks over the 2133mhz ram. 

1 minute ago, Brooksie359 said:

that's actually not true. all the reviewers have agreed that all of the r7 series cpus have a hard limit around the 4.0 ghz point and none of them really have more head room than the other besides just pure luck. some of the reviewers were able to get higher clocks on their r7 1700s compared to their 1800x so its all about luck. 

So thanks for further validating my point of how the 1800X is pointless as the 1700 achieves almost the exact same performance.

2 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

For a little higher bit of head room, would a 1700X be worth it?

Just now, Brooksie359 said:

just remember to get 3000mhz ram as the performance increase of faster ram on ryzen is quite significant and only cost like 10 more bucks over the 2133mhz ram. 

Well overclocking your RAM can save those 10 dollars.

Well overclocking your RAM can save those 10 dollars.

true true

Dark Rock Pro 3 offers similar performance and acoustics to the Noctua but looks at least 2 million times better.

Mobo is cheaper than the Crosshair, and matches the theme as well as the GPU.

Downgrade to a 1700 if you want, or maybe a 1700X as it has more OC headroom b/c of higher TDP limitations.

Found 3000MHz RAM WITH WHITE LEDS for less than the regular, slower DIMMS you had originally.

Much cheaper 1080, with good cooling and much better looks.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/n69ZvV
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/n69ZvV/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 1800X 3.6GHz 8-Core Processor  ($496.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PRO CARBON ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($178.98 @ Directron) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LED 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($109.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: ADATA Premier SP550 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($129.50 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($69.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($69.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB DUKE OC Video Card  ($469.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Corsair Air 540 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($121.99 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($49.90 @ B&H) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit  ($35.00) 
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link Archer T6E AC1300 PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter  ($49.89 @ OutletPC) 
Other: beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 ($84.90)
Total: $1867.11
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-03-19 15:02 EDT-0400

-----> Official Unofficial Favorite Keyswitch Type Survey <-----

OWNER OF THE FASTEST INTEL iGPU ON LTT UNIGINE SUPERPOSITION [lol]

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

WORK RIG "OVERPRICED BRICK"

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

GET YOUR ASS ON NIGHT THEME

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

you wouldn't get higher headroom. they all can reach around the same clocks and it really just comes down to luck so you might as well pay less. 

3 minutes ago, mineturte83 said:

I would say a big maybe. After all, the amount of performance gain by squeasing those few 100s of Mhz is negligible, specially for programs that favor higher core counts. So I would say no.