Can't get Windows 10 to startup

Iceflame

Hi,

I just build by PC and I am trying to install windows from a CD on an external drive, but i cant get it to open. I am using a Asus STRIX Z270-E GAMING motherboard, just so you know the bios. Any help is appreciated, I only find videos about using a USB to install windows.

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Iceflame said:

Hi,

I just build by PC and I am trying to install windows from a CD on an external drive, but i cant get it to open. I am using a Asus STRIX Z270-E GAMING motherboard, just so you know the bios. Any help is appreciated, I only find videos about using a USB to install windows.

Thanks!

Hit F8 or ESC either one will work on your motherboard it will bring up the boot menu then select Then select this UEFI:(Your usb drive name) and continue with the setup.

8 minutes ago, M.A.P said:

Hit F8 or ESC either one will work on your motherboard it will bring up the boot menu then select Then select this UEFI:(Your usb drive name) and continue with the setup

I cant find the UEFI, It enters the BIOS with bootable drives on the right and shows my NVMe and my external CD player

9 minutes ago, Iceflame said:

I cant find the UEFI, It enters the BIOS with bootable drives on the right and shows my NVMe and my external CD player

Then in BIOS disable Legacy BIOS and enable UEFI only and then boot and install Windows.