Cant adjust 1700x voltage

I bought it few days ago.  Mobo is gigabyte x370 gaming 5. The voltage is fluctuating between 0.5 volts to 2.0 volts. This freezes my windows anytime.  Bios doesnt has option to adjust voltage.  Please help

that seems very strange. there definitely should be a setting for that in a x370 motherboard bios. are you sure that you have look everywhere? I know some bios require you use the advance version of the bios to get that setting. i would look a video on how to use the x370 gaming 5 bios. 

31 minutes ago, ONOTech said:

Download Ryzen Master and change it through there. I also have the X370 Gaming 5 and most voltage and multiplier settings are locked in my BIOS. Make sure you flash it to F5, btw.

I tried this but my cpu and ram keep going on overclocking themselves to the highest point frequently.  Something is fishy.  Is it the cpu cooler? Because I modded the clips of captain 240 to use it on this mobo.  The idle temp is however 60 degree.  

20 minutes ago, ONOTech said:

60 idle is too high. That could be the issue.

Make sure Windows 10 is in high performance mode not balanced. If that doesn't work, disable any energy settings in the BIOS (C6, Cool n Quiet, etc)

I have Gamaxx 300 cooler, but it's too tight to fit it. I am worried if I would break some pins of my cpu. That's why I installed this cpu. 

48 minutes ago, ONOTech said:

60 idle is too high. That could be the issue.

Make sure Windows 10 is in high performance mode not balanced. If that doesn't work, disable any energy settings in the BIOS (C6, Cool n Quiet, etc)

I believe the X chips read 20c hotter than they actually are. A little Google could back it up but I'm lazy.

Just now, ONOTech said:

I heard about the 20 C offset, so yeah, you're probably right. Also too lazy to google right now, lol

Lol

1 hour ago, sarfraz said:

I bought it few days ago.  Mobo is gigabyte x370 gaming 5. The voltage is fluctuating between 0.5 volts to 2.0 volts. This freezes my windows anytime.  Bios doesnt has option to adjust voltage.  Please help

Yeah that's bad. I'd update the bios if possible or send it back.

4 hours ago, dexT said:

Yeah that's bad. I'd update the bios if possible or send it back.

I am buying a new cooler right now that is fully am4 compatible. Tried the Gammaxx 300 but it's not fully covering the cpu. The temperature reached 90 at idle. I will first see if cooler is the issue. If not, then I will send it back probably. 

1 hour ago, sarfraz said:

I am buying a new cooler right now that is fully am4 compatible. Tried the Gammaxx 300 but it's not fully covering the cpu. The temperature reached 90 at idle. I will first see if cooler is the issue. If not, then I will send it back probably. 

It reads 20c higher than true temp. 70c idle is still too high though.

That voltage fluctuation is a real concern though.

8 hours ago, Evanair said:

Just FYI, Ryzen chips report 60c minimum once overclocked.

Hmm.  I am just searching for a good liquid cooler fully compatible with am4. 

Many are, or offer free brackets to those kits the don't.  Be careful when you buy, cause some have the am4 bracket and some are older backstock.

I did order the am4 bracket from corsair the day it launched, and it's still not here.  But lucky for me the Hero board had am3 and am4 hole patterns.