GTA V Launcher Steam problem

So yesterday I was playing GTA and everything worked just fine but now if I want to start the game via steam ( or my desktop icon) it wouldnt work I just get a windows error screen which asks if I want to close or debug the programm because its not working. What can I do to fix this issue?

Only the launcher or steam itself?

-

in steam, verify the game cache for GTA V

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

have you tried turning your computer off and back on? if that doesn't work you can go into steam and right click on gta 5 and click on properties and navigate to this tab and click verify integrity of game files. 

Capture 6.PNG

Just now, themctipers said:

Only the launcher or steam itself?

-

in steam, verify the game cache for GTA V

Steam works great (havent tested another game) only the gta launcher doesnt work.

The games cache? I have no idea what that is. Also yesterday it was running great and I havent made any changes to the games files or anything else

1 minute ago, GermanPCBuilder said:

Steam works great (havent tested another game) only the gta launcher doesnt work.

The games cache? I have no idea what that is. Also yesterday it was running great and I havent made any changes to the games files or anything else

From the steam site:

1.  From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
  2. Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game files... button.
  3. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

From the steam site:

1.  From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
  2. Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game files... button.

Just now, Brooksie359 said:

have you tried turning your computer off and back on? if that doesn't work you can go into steam and right click on gta 5 and click on properties and navigate to this tab and click verify integrity of game files. 

Capture 6.PNG

I will try both

From the steam site:

lol when my post says the same thing 

From the steam site:

lol when my post says the same thing 

Steam just started a GTA update which is 0 bytes in size

2 minutes ago, GermanPCBuilder said:

Steam just started a GTA update which is 0 bytes in size

after following the instructions given or on its own? 

after following the instructions given or on its own? 

on its own before i started the game file check thing

Just now, GermanPCBuilder said:

on its own before i started the game file check thing

hmm that is strange. i would wait to see what it is trying to do. i know you said it wasn't using any bytes but is it using any disk? 

hmm that is strange. i would wait to see what it is trying to do. i know you said it wasn't using any bytes but is it using any disk? 

it was using 195mb of disk speed(?) but now its finished just like the test thing you suggested and now it works so thank you

Just now, GermanPCBuilder said:

it was using 195mb of disk speed(?) but now its finished just like the test thing you suggested and now it works so thank you

no problem i had a similar issue with one of my steam games a while back and ended up having to do the same thing to fix the issue. I've also had it where even that didn't work and i had to reinstall the entire game but lucky you didn't have to do that.