Possibility of a R10 Nano?

Damascus

Is an R10 Nano is likely  

12 members have voted

1. 1. HBM2 is likely to allow a new generation of AMD nanos

• Yes
    • No

Hey all,

I was reading about vega and found out HBM RAM was the technology that allowed the R9 Nano to be so small.  I noticed that VEGA uses HBM2, using the same space saving methodology.  If that is the case how likely is there to be a R10 Nano to come into existence and how soon/how expensive would it be

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

You mean RX Nano? As X = 10 in Roman numeral

I don't think there will be one because if you think about it they would copying Nvidia with the 'Titan' cards.

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

You mean RX Nano? As X = 10 in Roman numeral

Just now, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

I don't think there will be one because if you think about it they would copying Nvidia with the 'Titan' cards.

Does AMD usually name cards that way?  If so, very cool

1 minute ago, Damascus said:

Does AMD usually name cards that way?  If so, very cool

There were R7 and R9 but no R8

Spoiler

Image result for r8 revolver

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

There were R7 and R9 but no R8

kk

i think there will be a RX Vega nano, the R9 nano was pretty sucessfull for SFX builds

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

i think there will be a RX Vega nano, the R9 nano was pretty sucessfull for SFX builds

Yeah, I really want a Vega chip for my 7" gpu cage

TBH, I consider that highly unlikely

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

1 minute ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

TBH, I consider that highly unlikely

Why?

Probably won't be called RX Nano tbh. Probably a regular GPU in an ITX version instead

3 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Why?

They have Polaris for SFF right now...

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

Polaris has no SFF at higher tiers.  The nano is ancient and needs a refresh

3 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

No they don't.

3 minutes ago, light-v said:

Probably won't be called RX Nano tbh. Probably a regular GPU in an ITX version instead

It will be called the Nano, because what else would they call it?

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

1 minute ago, Damascus said:

Polaris has no SFF at higher tiers.  The nano is ancient and needs a refresh

Did you just call the Nano, ancient? Da ****?

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Just now, App4that said:

Did you just call the Nano, ancient? Da ****?

Comparatively speaking I suppose.  My main issue with the nano is that its not sold anymore.  I'd gladly use one but its impossible to buy in Canada and difficult in the US

Just now, Damascus said:

Comparatively speaking I suppose.  My main issue with the nano is that its not sold anymore.  I'd gladly use one but its impossible to buy in Canada and difficult in the US

Not comparatively speaking. The Nano launched on Sept 10, 2015. Properly cool it and it still whoops ass. It has HBM to any "modern" cards GDDR5/X.

The Nano is anything but ancient, as it was ahead of it's time. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

24 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

It will be called the Nano, because what else would they call it?

The Nano was a slower Fury X with a lower TDP but both were reference design only hence the naming scheme. If Vega is open to custom coolers then there is no point in making a Nano, aib partners will probably make an ITX version like they did with the R9 380.

1 minute ago, light-v said:

The Nano was a slower Fury X with a lower TDP but both were reference design only hence the naming scheme. If Vega is open to custom coolers then there is no point in making a Nano, aib partners will probably make an ITX version like they did with the R9 380.

I guess so... according to what we've seen, vega will be open to custom coolers. However, the nano was a very niche product, and AiB manufacturers may not want to make something that'd only appeal to a small target audience.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Just now, TheRandomness said:

However, the nano was a very niche product, and AiB manufacturers may not want to make something that'd only appeal to a small target audience.

That market has boomed in recent years though

Just now, TheRandomness said:

I guess so... according to what we've seen, vega will be open to custom coolers. However, the nano was a very niche product, and AiB manufacturers may not want to make something that'd only appeal to a small target audience.

Probably yeah but if Vega's TDP isn't anything crazy they could do that. There is a GTX 1080 Mini after all and it's a 185W GPU and SFF builds are growing in popularity

Just now, light-v said:

Probably yeah but if Vega's TDP isn't anything crazy they could do that. There is a GTX 1080 Mini after all and it's a 185W GPU and SFF builds are growing in popularity

The whole point of the Nano was to make a card as small as possible, and market it as so. The 1080 Mini is massive compared to the Nano. If you can fit an ITX motherboard in a case, you'd have too much space for a Nano.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats