GTA V slow download speed

A few days ago I decided I'd want to get back into GTA V with some friends, so I decided to re-download it. The problem here is that the download speed from the Rockstar social club (as I don't have it on Steam) is just depressingly slow. I at first just decided to let it do its thing for a while, getting it to around 20GB. Afterwards though, it has slowed down to crawl with average speeds of 50-200KB/sec. Anybody know how to fix this? I have a gigabit internet connection, and things like steam games can reach 60MB/sec so I know for sure my connection isn't the problem.

Thanks in advance!

check your firewall

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Just now, stealth80 said:

check your firewall

Just disabled the Windows firewall, paused and resumed the download and don't see any difference in download speed.

This tends to happen with the download launcher, though it should automatically bump itself up. Does your internet carrier have like a limit for data usage? You can check that on your carriers page. It might just be too many people downloading from the same host at once.

Post from Rockstar Support

The geek himself.

Just now, Being Delirious said:

This tends to happen with the download launcher, though it should automatically bump itself up. Does your internet carrier have like a limit for data usage? You can check that on your carriers page. It might just be too many people downloading from the same host at once.

Nope, no limit, though I wouldn't be surprised with the 'too many people downloading' as I have a feeling that it downloads faster at night.