BF4 DLC Leaks

Battlefield-4-banner.jpg

As with any leak, they're really exciting at first but whether they actually fall through or not is a completely different story; it's the same case with Battlefield, as new details were released earlier today.

-CHINA RISING-

A leak through PSN's trophy system for the upcoming expansion packs has revealed some interesting details. DICE appears to be bringing back elements from Battlefield 3 (it'd be silly of them not to), mainly in the form of Air Superiority and the Dirt Bike. Included is a new vehicle: SUAV (small unarmed air vehicle) which as the name suggests, is similar to the commander-mode UAV but on a smaller scale. Launch date is Dec. 3, 2013 for Premium members and Dec. 10, 2013 for all players.

-SECOND ASSAULT-

Like the name suggests, this DLC pack will be a revisit to maps from Battlefield 3, much like the same way Battlefield 3's Back to Karkand expansion was a revisit to maps from Battlefield 2. Updated for the 2014 engine, there will be four fan-favourite maps to be included and they are as follows: Operation Metro, Caspian Border, Operation Firestorm, Gulf of Oman. Revisions include changes to accommodate for Frostbite 3.0 and to better depict a post-nuclear war situation, through details such as flooded subways, new vantage points, levolutionized refineries, sand storms (similar to the typhoon on Paricel Storm or the blizzard on Operation Locker), and much much more. In addition, Second Assault will give premium players five additional weapons, an all new vehicle, and ten additional assignments, The Capture the Flag game mode is also making a return.

I really liked Air Superiority in BF3. As a way to better your piloting skills, it was a truly viable option (which now is replaced with the Test Range in BF4; helpful yes, but not as helpful as firing at live targets). My only gripe with it in the previous game was that the amount of players using no-skill heat seakers got annoying real quick, and once you fired off your countermeasures you were basically screwed, even with the use of ECM. Most of the maps were wide open but provided protection (albeit inadequate) in the form of mountains, wind-power generators, and teammates that kept crashing into each other - all of which I took advantage of too frequently. In other words, I'm really hoping that it is better implemented in BF4 than it was in BF3; DICE have had enough time to fix these issues and I'd be unmeasurably disappointed if they didn't first address the issue of cover and countermeasures. The few memorable dogfights I've had are moree than worth the hours it took to get them, but through such I believed I've been able to develop into a decent pilot. With that being said, there is a slight imbalance with the air vehicles in BF4 (in that the SU50 basically out-turns and out-guns any of the other four planes, or at least it does in the hands of a competent pilot) so they should probably address this issue as well. Would be interesting to see stealth jets and attack jets mix it up together, though.

In regards to second assault, I'm really excited to see how these new maps play out. I for sure played the heck out of these fan favourites over the past two years and it'd be interesting to see how the new weapons and game modes play out. With the re-introduction of the dirt bike, I wonder how the player split between Obliteration and Capture the Flag will be; personally I've found myself enjoying the former more as you have more points to protect instead of just a single flag capture point that in BF3 was constantly kamikazied (or in the case of my bad luck, I always got teams that could never defend properly). 

So what are your thoughts? Are you excited for the DLC (assuming you're a Premium member) or do you just not care for it and think that DICE is following in the footsteps of other studios in that they're just ripping us off (the opinion of a "few" threads I've read across various forums).

China Rising source: http://mp1st.com/2013/11/08/battlefield-4-china-rising-trophies-reveal-air-superiority-dirt-bikes-suavs/

Second Assault source: https://twitter.com/BFDaily/status/399451483046830081/photo/1

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

I wonder if they have the first DLC already done 

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

There is now a BF4+Premium pack but is £10 more than buying them separately from GMG.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

i bought Premium for the many benefits as well as all the FREE DLC i don't have to pay any more for. Plus i got a copy free with the 290x so it was just like buying the game for me.

bring on the expantions

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Operation Metro, Caspian Border, Operation Firestorm, Gulf of Oman. 

That's suprising, and kind of disapointing as well to be honest. Gulf of Oman: Great, loved that map, one of the best there was in BF3. Metro and Caspian were to be expected, but Operation Firestorm? Was that a fan favourite? The only thing I liked about that one was that jihad jeeping was incredibly easy because of the linearity and the amount of vehicles. Apart from that Kharg Island was better in every way in my opinion.

THE signature

meh i think ill pas on getting bf4. when u dont have any of the DLCs it just feels, idunno....not worth your money. would be awesome if they were to sell the normal vanilla game for like 40 bucks and the premium edition for 60.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M