A8 7600 non k overclocking problem

When I oc the cpu to 101 on the multiplayer, my second screen doesn't turn on.

i can however oc the GPU, I got 200mhz extra

A8-7600 {} Gigabyte FM2+ Board {} CX430 {} Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb {} MSI GTX 760 2GB {}

Console.WriteLine("C# is aids");

8 minutes ago, nobiggieBIG said:

When I oc the cpu to 101 on the multiplayer, my second screen doesn't turn on.

i can however oc the GPU, I got 200mhz extra

To my knowledge and to what I have seen online the A8 7600 is locked CPU. It was not designed to be overclocked.

Main Rig - Case: Corsair 200R   Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270-GAMING-K3  CPU: Intel i5 7600 RAM: Corsair H55 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000MHz SSD: Crucial MX500 1 TB 

HDD: 2TB WD Green  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti 6GB Windforce  PSU: Corsair CX 600W  

HTPC - Case: CiT MTX-007B   Motherboard: Biostar H61MGV3, CPU: Intel i5 2400  RAM: Patriot 4GB 1333MHz SSD: 240GB Toshiba SSD PSU: 180W CIT (Came with case)

Corsair 200R Front Bezel Mod

Usually k refers to whether a cpu is able to overclock or not. Seeing as it is a non k variant that would lead me to believe it is a locked processor meaning it can't be overclocked. That's likely why it won't work when you try to.

11 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Usually k refers to whether a cpu is able to overclock or not. Seeing as it is a non k variant that would lead me to believe it is a locked processor meaning it can't be overclocked. That's likely why it won't work when you try to.

I've seen it be done with other chips, you adjust a setting and it does over lock but it disables one of the monitors haha

A8-7600 {} Gigabyte FM2+ Board {} CX430 {} Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb {} MSI GTX 760 2GB {}

Just now, nobiggieBIG said:

I've seen it be done with other chips, you adjust a setting and it does over lock but it disables one of the monitors haha

What's the point though?

2 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

What's the point though?

Well, if I can get it stable at 4ghz on boost, I don't need to buy a x4 860k as there would be no point

The overclock on the gpu could be the problem that your second screen is not working, but what motherboard are you using because not every motherboard cant overclock so please provide your pc spesifications

1 minute ago, Bwithnewcast said:

The overclock on the gpu could be the problem that your second screen is not working, but what motherboard are you using because not every motherboard cant overclock so please provide your pc spesifications

Gigabyte fma68hm hd2

2 minutes ago, nobiggieBIG said:

Gigabyte fma68hm hd2

Does not look like your motherboard supports apu overclocking

5 minutes ago, Bwithnewcast said:

Does not look like your motherboard supports apu overclocking

but it works, and ive tried it. it just doesnt like another monitor when oc.

1 minute ago, nobiggieBIG said:

but it works, and ive tried it. it just doesnt like another monitor when oc.

Gpu and cpu overclocking is two diffrent things -.-

Just now, Bwithnewcast said:

Gpu and cpu overclocking is two diffrent things -.-

here let me explain. im trying to overclock my cpu NOT GPU and when i get 101mhz on the multiplyer, it doesnt show the second monitor

1 minute ago, nobiggieBIG said:

here let me explain. im trying to overclock my cpu NOT GPU and when i get 101mhz on the multiplyer, it doesnt show the second monitor

In computing a multiplier, CPU multiplier, clock ratio, clock multiplier, CPU Core Ratio is the speed ratio between the CPU and the FSB. For example, a CPU with a multiplier of 20 and an external clock of 133 MHz has a CPU speed of 2.66GHz.

5 minutes ago, nobiggieBIG said:

Let me explain. The A8 7600 is not an overclockable chip. That is why the monitor is not working. If you searched online you would see this. 

Main Rig - Case: Corsair 200R   Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270-GAMING-K3  CPU: Intel i5 7600 RAM: Corsair H55 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000MHz SSD: Crucial MX500 1 TB 

HDD: 2TB WD Green  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti 6GB Windforce  PSU: Corsair CX 600W  

HTPC - Case: CiT MTX-007B   Motherboard: Biostar H61MGV3, CPU: Intel i5 2400  RAM: Patriot 4GB 1333MHz SSD: 240GB Toshiba SSD PSU: 180W CIT (Came with case)

3 minutes ago, deansmylie1993 said:

Let me explain. The A8 7600 is not an overclockable chip. That is why the monitor is not working. If you searched online you would see this. 

i did, and some sites say its possible, and some dont

i did, and some sites say its possible, and some dont

Listen to the ones that say it cant. It is also possible that you could fry both the A8 7600 or/and the motherboard. Which in that case you would need to buy a new combo anyway.

ok, can i overclock the GPU?

5 minutes ago, nobiggieBIG said:

ok, can i overclock the GPU?

Yes you can. Do 5%-10% at a time, 

1 minute ago, deansmylie1993 said:

Yes you can. Do 5%-10% at a time, 

msi afterburner or just in the bios

msi afterburner or just in the bios

MSI afterburner but I prefer Asus GPU Tweak 2

5 minutes ago, deansmylie1993 said:

MSI afterburner but I prefer Asus GPU Tweak 2

i tried msi ab this morning and i couldnt get it to run, ill check that util out

Let me just ask this, because there might be an oversight. When you talk about GPU overclocking, are you talking about an "external" GPU? Like one you put in an PCI-e slot? Or are you talking about the GPU which is baked in the CPU. (overclocking the APU or a real GPU)

2 minutes ago, Dutch-stoner said:

Let me just ask this, because there might be an oversight. When you talk about GPU overclocking, are you talking about an "external" GPU? Like one you put in an PCI-e slot? Or are you talking about the GPU which is baked in the CPU. (overclocking the APU or a real GPU)

the on die chip. 

There you go. :) Non-K APU can't be overclocked? That means that the GPU part doesn't overclock too.

When people say it CAN overclock, they will most likely have to give up features. Seems that if you get an 200 mhz OC on the GPU part of your APU, you loose the second screen option. (you are cutting corners, power has to come from somewhere, most likely the second screen)

To add to "overclocking stuff", and doing things "that don't work"... I had an AM2 motherboard. I could put in a "high end" Phenom CPU in that motherboard. (AM3) It should not work, but there was some kind of beta bios for that board. And the best Phenom CPU wasn't supported, because it would draw too much power. (125 watts) There were overclockers/tweakers, that did manage to get this unsupported CPU to work, but they lost a few USB ports in the proces.

*I am running an A8 6800k, with the turbo set to 4.5 ghz. When required, it boosts to that speed, and it's stable.

6 minutes ago, Dutch-stoner said:

There you go. :) Non-K APU can't be overclocked? That means that the GPU part doesn't overclock too.

When people say it CAN overclock, they will most likely have to give up features. Seems that if you get an 200 mhz OC on the GPU part of your APU, you loose the second screen option. (you are cutting corners, power has to come from somewhere, most likely the second screen)

To add to "overclocking stuff", and doing things "that don't work"... I had an AM2 motherboard. I could put in a "high end" Phenom CPU in that motherboard. (AM3) It should not work, but there was some kind of beta bios for that board. And the best Phenom CPU wasn't supported, because it would draw too much power. (125 watts) There were overclockers/tweakers, that did manage to get this unsupported CPU to work, but they lost a few USB ports in the proces.

*I am running an A8 6800k, with the turbo set to 4.5 ghz. When required, it boosts to that speed, and it's stable.

but the gpu and the cpu are different dies, amd said that all apus gpus are oc, but not their cpus