GTX660 vs GTX760

itrue21
Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,

Also does it matter which manufacturer I buy it from, like is there one that is better than the rest of them.

Not really as long as it has a decent cooler.

For some perspective: 660 < 7850 < 7870 < 660 Ti < 760 < 7950

So I have been looking at these 2 video cards and I just can't put my finger on if the 760 is worth the extra $60 compared to the 660 specs. If someone can shed some light on me so I can finally pic one that would be awesome. 

Well the 660ti is faster than the 660, however the 760 is faster then the 660ti. Thus get the 760  ;) ... Hope that helped...

Cpu 3970x, Ram Corsair Dominator 32Gb, Case Corsair 900D, Storage Raid 0 Samsung 512Gbs 2 ssds, 1TB WD Black Drive and 2Tb WD Black Drive, Psu Corsair 1200watt, Display Samsung 27inch 2660by1440, Cooling 4 alphacool radiators, 13 fans, Ek rez, 2 pumps, Keyboard Corsair K70, Sound Sennheiser 363d 

Also does it matter which manufacturer I buy it from, like is there one that is better than the rest of them.

ASUS, MSI and Gigabyte are really the go-to brands in my opinion. Compare them and pick the one that suits you the best. (e.g. sound, looks and cooling)

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

I'd go for the 760, because it is just a "rebranded" 670. It will perform better than the 660, no doubt.

670 have more CUDA processor so it's not a rebrand. 670 is better anyway.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Yes it matters and no there is no one that is dominant ;)

I personally love ASUS so I would have picked a GPU from them, but it all comes down to personal preference and how that company has their GPUs priced in your country :)

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

No not really the only way the manufactures may play a role is by the warranty they may offer or the software.. But before you buy any product make sure you read the customer reviews, they give a shit ton of info on the cards performance, and the issues it may have with, or may not...

Cpu 3970x, Ram Corsair Dominator 32Gb, Case Corsair 900D, Storage Raid 0 Samsung 512Gbs 2 ssds, 1TB WD Black Drive and 2Tb WD Black Drive, Psu Corsair 1200watt, Display Samsung 27inch 2660by1440, Cooling 4 alphacool radiators, 13 fans, Ek rez, 2 pumps, Keyboard Corsair K70, Sound Sennheiser 363d 

Yes it matters and no there is no one that is dominant ;)

I personally love ASUS so I would have picked a GPU from them, but it all comes down to personal preference and how that company has their GPUs priced in your country.

Why does it matter?

Not really as long as it has a decent cooler.

For some perspective: 660 < 7850 < 7870 < 660 Ti < 760 < 7950

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Games like LoL, BF4, Crysis 3, Tera Online and almost every other MMO

Make sure you buy the an after market cooler, and there should be a video on youtube, on any card you may buy.. This should help you sort things out, on whats best for you.