How to overclock

xDylanio

Most monitors, even if overclockable, see an improvement of only 1-3 fps. You're not going to double the framerate.

Really not worth the effort.

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/pc-peripheral/how-overclock-your-monitor-3635779/

Boom. A quick Google search helps man. Use your "Custom Resolution" tool in the Nvidia Control panel and follow the steps. Use a camera with ISO control and it will prove if you can do good.

*Insert Name* R̶y̶z̶e̶n̶ Intel Build!  https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/748542-insert-name-r̶y̶z̶e̶n̶-intel-build/

Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS Z270X Gaming 5 CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K GPU: ASUS STRIX OC GTX 1080 RAM: Corsair Ballistix Sport LT 2400mhz Cooler: Enermax ETS-T40F-BK PSU: Corsair CX750M SSD: PNY CS1311 120GB HDD: Seagate Momentum 2.5" 7200RPM 500GB

I got mine up to a whopping 65Hz, 70Hz messed it up... then I went back to 60Hz.  I don't trust changing parameters when I don't have knowledge of the hardware capabilities.

I did mine through AMD's Catalyst/Crimson software.

Depends on the card, but it can be done though the driver typically. Just be aware you may not get it that far, just like CPU OC'ing (Got mine up to 75Hz though). 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5