What to do with a pentium 4 drop some ideas

Gamewrec

I have 2 pentium 4s to do with maybe i could make a android build or somethin drop the ideas and i will be toasty with my pentium 4 keepin the room warm

The power consumption alone can pay for a Raspberry Pi which will probably be not far off in regards to speed.

A file server though is probably doable.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Thanks for the ideas guys i might make a key chain good idea

and i could make a ms dos thing with it idk

Pentium 4's are in a weird state between great usefulness and total uselessness.

The motherboards that support them are usually too new to have ISA ports (which means they aren't of much use for retro computers since you're really gonna want an ISA SoundBlaster for those if you want to have decent sound in DOS games), and they are too old to consider anything gaming-related for today.

Still, I think it's a brilliant occasion for a tinkering PC. Get a cheap board, preferably with on-board graphics and sound, stick 2GB of cheap RAM, connect whatever storage you have lying around that's supported by the board and there you have it: a computer that's good for testing stuff.

Let's say that you want to install a piece of software on your main PC. Then it turns out that it wasn't good for what you wanted to do with it so you find an alternative and another one and another one. By the time you've achieved your task you may have installed like 5 applications. That leads to a mess pretty quickly.

So you just use your crappy P4 computer to test software until you find the one you need without having to worry about making a mess or getting an obscure hardware-damaging virus if you want to test some sketchy stuff.

Also, you can use it for downloading stuff. Such a PC wouldn't draw too much power compared to the nice and shiny gaming rigs of today. If you need to download a large file you could just leave the thing on and let it download while you're at work or sleeping without racking up your electricity bill that much (although I would recommend something like a netbook for that purpose, really).

Or just connect it to your old TV, install some Android-compatible Linux distro (there are several of those, I believe), get a wireless mouse and keyboard (or one of those small keyboard and touchpad in one things like the Logitech K400 Plus, it's really convenient) and there you go: a smart TV!

...or just see how much you can overclock it before it catches fire for the lulz, I dunno xD

pentium 4?

Wouldn't it game with an r7 240? Maybe give em as a gift for some one that light games??

Provoke a bear by throwing the CPU at it.

Use it as a belt buckle?

scrap it.

cook an egg on it.

I don't know v.v