How to (if possible) connect two monitors on one computer, with one VGA

NachoCassi

So I've moved and now I have a new desk in the living room.

The thing is that I want to game on the TV too but I only have one VGA output in my PC, I was thinking on getting a VGA splitter cable and call it a day but the TV isn't 1080p capable, so the image would look distorted or incomplete.

I have a very tight budget right now and although I know a new graphics card would be the way to go, I would need a new PSU and case (this one is slim).

So if anyone could suggest what are the possible solutions (considering I need low latency) and I have a tight budget, please let me know. Thanks.

Note: TV has VGA and HDMI.

IMG_20170311_223101666.jpg

A VGA switch is probably your best option. It's simple in operation, it just takes one input and two outputs and a toggle switch to switch between which is used. You will need three VGA cables in total and latency increase should be virtually nothing (nothing that a human can perceive)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Port-Way-VGA-Monitor-Switch/dp/B000J249JC

Something like that (UK link but should be something similar wherever you are)

2 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

A VGA switch is probably your best option. It's simple in operation, it just takes one input and two outputs and a toggle switch to switch between which is used. You will need three VGA cables in total and latency increase should be virtually nothing (nothing that a human can perceive)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Port-Way-VGA-Monitor-Switch/dp/B000J249JC

Something like that (UK link but should be something similar wherever you are)

Okay, that should work then... And some models are kinda cheap, thanks for the reply.

Any other ideas? PCI cards to add outputs or something like that?

why VGA of all things? - does your GPU not have HDMI output ? hdmi splitters are cheap, don't degrade picture quality and virtually everything made in the last 10 years should have HDMI or DVI out.

and the TV should be able to scale 1080p to whatever it is capable of without distorting the aspect ratio or chopping off part of the picture 

1 minute ago, KenjiUmino said:

why VGA of all things? - does your GPU not have HDMI output ? hdmi splitters are cheap, don't degrade picture quality and virtually everything made in the last 10 years should have HDMI or DVI out.

and the TV should be able to scale 1080p to whatever it is capable of without distorting the aspect ratio or chopping off part of the picture 

The thing is it's not even a dedicated GPU, it's and APU and depends on the motherboard for video outputs, which is only one (VGA)

4 minutes ago, NachoCassi said:

Okay, that should work then... And some models are kinda cheap, thanks for the reply.

Any other ideas? PCI cards to add outputs or something like that?

Well, a new graphics card would fix it, but you pointed out the issues with that yourself. A card that adds video outputs is a graphics card. If you find one that will fit in your case, that will work (though it will be running off that GPU, so it may be weak, depending on the games you're playing.)

Just now, NachoCassi said:

The thing is it's not even a dedicated GPU, it's and APU and depends on the motherboard for video outputs, which is only one (VGA)

The scaling isn´t automatic so everytime I have to go to the Catalyst control panel and set the position manually, and it's a struggle. I need something cheap and practical, again, if possible.