Cpu Upgrade

Looking to upgrade from a 2600k and gtx970 to a 7600k. Currently using a 21:9 monitor and am looking for input/suggestion please. https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/xzWq9W This is my proposition. Mainly use it for gaming and general usage. 

Thankyou anyone in advance.

BTW 450w psu

ggg.png

You also need new ram as Kaby Lake uses ddr4. 

What is your main goal with the pc? Because for productivity the i7 with hyper threading still kills the new i5. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

A few points

• If you were planning on overclocking, you won't be able to with that board (at least as far as I know)
  • You need a BIOS update to use the i5-7600K on the 100 series chipsets, which you can't do without a compatible CPU. You should look for a 200 series chipset board.
  • You'll need DDR4 RAM.
  • I'm a bit weary of AIO's. Not because of issues with cooling or leaking, but for the value, I can't justify it.
  • You'll want a better PSU if you were planning on adding another GTX 970. At the minimum, you should get a 700W PSU.

I wasn't aware of the ram or bios issue,

Overclocking wasn't definitely what i want but the option for the future i don't think should be overlooked.

Do either of you have alternatives of a similar price?

Also i wasn't adding another 970 sry i didn't mean that 

3 minutes ago, leeewen1 said:

Overclocking wasn't definitely what i want but the option for the future i don't think should be overlooked.

Do either of you have alternatives of a similar price?

You'll want a Z series board if you want to make sure you have overclocking available. And they have a heftier starting price tag of about $100 USD.

wait for the ryzen 5 chips for better value. the 6 core will cost around the same as a 7600k and a 4C/8T will cost around an i5 7500 level. A benefit of this is you don't have to pay a premium for overclocking, the b350 chipset supports overclocking and is cheaper than a Z board. you will still need ddr4 though. they should come out in the next month or two.

AMD FX 6300 @ 4.6 Ghz CRYORIG H7 Asus M5A97 PLUS | HyperX Fury 8 GB DDR3 | PNY CS1311 120gb SSD WD Blue 1TB 7200 RPM EVGA GeForce GTX 950 Superclocked NZXT Source 210 Black EVGA 500B Logitech G Pro HP K3500 Wireless Keyboard |

1 minute ago, PigWithAMustache said:

wait for the ryzen 5 chips for better value. the 6 core will cost around the same as a 7600k and a 4C/8T will cost around an i5 7500 level. A benefit of this is you don't have to pay a premium for overclocking, the b350 chipset supports overclocking and is cheaper than a Z board. you will still need ddr4 though. they should come out in the next month or two.

I had considered Rysen, but i had thought even the unannounced chips would have cost more, however i might hold out in that case 

1 minute ago, leeewen1 said:

I had considered Rysen, but i had thought even the unannounced chips would have cost more, however i might hold out in that case 

Yeah i would wait for price king AMD. At the R7 release, they said that the ryzen 5 chips would cost less than $300, and some leaks i saw said a 4C/8T for $200.

AMD FX 6300 @ 4.6 Ghz CRYORIG H7 Asus M5A97 PLUS | HyperX Fury 8 GB DDR3 | PNY CS1311 120gb SSD WD Blue 1TB 7200 RPM EVGA GeForce GTX 950 Superclocked NZXT Source 210 Black EVGA 500B Logitech G Pro HP K3500 Wireless Keyboard |

1 minute ago, PigWithAMustache said:

Yeah i would wait for price king AMD. At the R7 release, they said that the ryzen 5 chips would cost less than $300, and some leaks i saw said a 4C/8T for $200.

thx for the advice, think i will thank you