[US] Ryzen Price Drop

Corrupt_Liberty

If you are in the market for a Ryzen CPU and near a Microcenter, they just dropped the 1700X to $349.  

Microcenter Ryzen 1700X

Edited by Ryan_Vickers
title

Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

2 minutes ago, Corrupt_Liberty said:

If you are in the market for a Ryzen CPU and near a Microcenter, they just dropped the 1700X to $349.  

Microcenter Ryzen 1700X

That is not a price drop. Microcenter has, and most likely always will sell cpus at lower costs as they get a discount for buying in large quantities.

I guess microcenter normally sells CPUs for a loss, to get you into the store. There was a rumor that Intel dropped their prices in response to Ryzen because people saw how low their prices were at microcenter.

me reseller in france drop the i7-7700k and the i7-69xx by 20% today, and he told me more to come ....

Simple rules:

- If it works, dont update it.

- You don't know how, just do it, you will learn.

- Test, restest, test again, and maybe it will do it.

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/sigs/sigimage.php?u=919931

1 minute ago, Taylor Dettling said:

That is not a price drop. Microcenter has, and most likely always will sell cpus at lower costs as they get a discount for buying in large quantities.

It was $399 at Microcenter, now it's $349...

What would you call that?

I wasn't insinuating AMD dropped MSRP.

1 minute ago, atavax said:

I guess microcenter normally sells CPUs for a loss, to get you into the store. There was a rumor that Intel dropped their prices in response to Ryzen because people saw how low their prices were at microcenter.

Yes, and Yes.  

But they were selling Ryzen full price.  Just letting people know that they dropped the price this morning....

4 minutes ago, Corrupt_Liberty said:

It was $399 at Microcenter, now it's $349...

What would you call that?

I wasn't insinuating AMD dropped MSRP.

Yes, and Yes.  

But they were selling Ryzen full price.  Just letting people know that they dropped the price this morning....

Microcenter gives a $50 discount to CPU purchases with a MOBO

EDIT: wow NVM looks like they just put their own discount on it. THAT is one good deal. and with those CPU/MOBO combo deals that is some nice savings.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

5 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

Microcenter gives a $50 discount to CPU purchases with a MOBO

$30 with motherboard $20 with video card.   That would be on top of the $50 they just cut off of the 1700X.   1700 and 1800X are still full price though for some reason.

Might suggest the 1700X isn't selling as well as the other two?

Edited by Corrupt_Liberty
Edited to add speculation.

1 minute ago, Corrupt_Liberty said:

$30 with motherboard $20 with video card.   That would be on top of the $50 they just cut off of the 1700X.   1700 and 1800X are still full price though for some reason.

well they might get a better margin on the 1700x and I personally would say that is the best one to buy, even at 399.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Micro center tends to have cpus lower than other sellers

10 minutes ago, Corrupt_Liberty said:

Might suggest the 1700X isn't selling as well as the other two?

Doubt it, i frequent microcenter and there bussiness strategy is to offer a ton of instore only deals (such as the CPU deal) to encourage people to show up at the store rarely will someone come all the way out to microcenter to just buy a CPU, so people end up walking out with a motherboard, ram, and GPU as well. They price match, so i have no issue with it. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

EU still waiting for price drop. Either Intel or Ryzen ... don't realy care which one :P

Let the prices hit the floor!

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

Microcenter has had all of their CPUs "on sale" for the past few years with instore pick up. Shouldn't even be called a sale for them anymore at this point.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

14 minutes ago, bgibbz said:

Doubt it, i frequent microcenter and there bussiness strategy is to offer a ton of instore only deals (such as the CPU deal) to encourage people to show up at the store rarely will someone come all the way out to microcenter to just buy a CPU, so people end up walking out with a motherboard, ram, and GPU as well. They price match, so i have no issue with it. 

My microcenter's dont price match anyone :(

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

12 minutes ago, Scruffy90 said:

Microcenter has had all of their CPUs "on sale" for the past few years with instore pick up. Shouldn't even be called a sale for them anymore at this point.

I don't think they call it a sale anymore.  They just advertise the "Guaranteed Lowest CPU Prices".  All of the Ryzen CPU's were MSRP until this morning though.

11 minutes ago, Scruffy90 said:

My microcenter's dont price match anyone :(

I don't know if mine does or not.  I always do my price checking before I go.  If Newegg or Amazon is cheaper on certain parts I'll order those online.  I always make a special trip for CPU's though.

5 minutes ago, Corrupt_Liberty said:

I don't think they call it a sale anymore.  They just advertise the "Guaranteed Lowest CPU Prices".  All of the Ryzen CPU's were MSRP until this morning though.

I don't know if mine does or not.  I always do my price checking before I go.  If Newegg or Amazon is cheaper on certain parts I'll order those online.  I always make a special trip for CPU's though.

They advertise it at the local one's as a sale price (people around my counties are starting to sue stores for falsely advertising sales when sales run for weeks at a time, no clue how these cases are turning out). A CPU I bought a 2 years ago is still the same sales price now.  According to local management, they state that there is no price matching in writing, and that it's to local management's discretion. 

20 minutes ago, Scruffy90 said:

They advertise it at the local one's as a sale price (people around my counties are starting to sue stores for falsely advertising sales when sales run for weeks at a time, no clue how these cases are turning out). A CPU I bought a 2 years ago is still the same sales price now.  According to local management, they state that there is no price matching in writing, and that it's to local management's discretion. 

I doubt those law suits are going anywhere.  We have a furniture store down the street that has been "Going Out of Business"  for more than a decade now.

moved to Hot Deals

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Corrupt_Liberty said:

I doubt those law suits are going anywhere.  We have a furniture store down the street that has been "Going Out of Business"  for more than a decade now.

I have a bunch of places like that around me that sell suits. Also reminds me of KB Toys

10 hours ago, Scruffy90 said:

This is actually a sale, whether it lasts forever like their other "sales" is another story.  

6Igjaxc.jpg

I understand that you just meant that microcenter always has their some $50 discount + combo discounts, however, on the launch of Ryzen the newsletter microcenter sent out had the MSRP prices and they only now discounted the 1700X.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

1 hour ago, mvitkun said:

This is actually a sale, whether it lasts forever like their other "sales" is another story.  

6Igjaxc.jpg

I understand that you just meant that microcenter always has their some $50 discount + combo discounts, however, on the launch of Ryzen the newsletter microcenter sent out had the MSRP prices and they only now discounted the 1700X.

This is good to know. I was just speaking in general.