Is a 7700k enough for streaming?

Hi,

I want to get a new cpu just wondering if the 7700k is good enough for casual streaming and nope I don't want a 1800x ryzen cpu they don't perform great for my main pc use which is gaming.

Yes,  Should be plenty. Anyone correct me if I am wrong. Not familiar with the new 7th gen yet. 

Tech enthusiast and CS Student

7 minutes ago, MekaStrix said:

Hi,

I want to get a new cpu just wondering if the 7700k is good enough for casual streaming and nope I don't want a 1800x ryzen cpu they don't perform great for my main pc use which is gaming.

8 cores and 16 threads makes more sense for editing, and AMD have been releasing updates to firmware and drivers, but if your horrendously against giving ryzen a chance, then yes, but the performance will be worse compared to a higher core count

A8-7600 {} Gigabyte FM2+ Board {} CX430 {} Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb {} MSI GTX 760 2GB {}

Console.WriteLine("C# is aids");

Just now, CmzPlusHardware said:

Yes,  Should be plenty. Anyone correct me if I am wrong. Not familiar with the new 7th gen yet. 

7th gen is rebranded 6th gen with extra some features like 4k Netflix support and can overclock higher. 

1 minute ago, nobiggieBIG said:

8 cores and 16 threads makes more sense for gaming, and AMD have been releasing updates to firmware and drivers, but if your horrendously against giving ryzen a chance, then yes, but the performance will be worse compared to a higher core count

I wanted to buy the 1800x witht the asus motherboard until I saw ryzen was 20fps worse than intel

Just now, MekaStrix said:

I wanted to buy the 1800x witht the asus motherboard until I saw ryzen was 20fps worse than intel

what game? a 7700k is a pure gaming cpu while ryzen is more or a gaming and streaming type, especially with heavy multitasking load. 

But its a brand new architecture built from the ground up. Give it chance. And yes the 20 fps is substantial, but that wont be there when your streaming, where as the i7 streaming performance will drop.

A8-7600 {} Gigabyte FM2+ Board {} CX430 {} Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb {} MSI GTX 760 2GB {}

Console.WriteLine("C# is aids");

-snip-

7700K is fine for streaming. Please overclock it though.

4 minutes ago, MekaStrix said:

Hi,

The i7 7700k will be fine for streaming competitive games like csgo, rocket league, dota 2, lol and any other games like that. any other games like fallout 4 just cause 3 and games like that get a 6800k.

hope this helps.

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

what game? a 7700k is a pure gaming cpu while ryzen is more or a gaming and streaming type, especially with heavy multitasking load. 

yeah, AMD's ryzen CPU's has more cores which are good for streaming. 

When I say casual streaming I mean like very occasionally games like overwatch I mostly use my pc for gaming and want to get a good value per fps cpu 

1 minute ago, MekaStrix said:

That is 20FPS with a titanx at over 100FPS. unless you have just as fast of a GPU and game at 1080p high refresh rates you will not notice a impact. but the 1800x will help A LOT while streaming having extra cores to deal with the encoding.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Just now, The Benjamins said:

That is 20FPS with a titanx at over 100FPS. unless you have just as fast of a GPU and game at 1080p high refresh rates you will not notice a impact. but the 1800x will help A LOT while streaming having extra cores to deal with the encoding.

I use a GTX1080 and game at 1440p 144hz

When I say casual streaming I mean like very occasionally games like overwatch I mostly use my pc for gaming and want to get a good value per fps cpu 

5820k will be good balance especially for high fps gaming, if you play demanding games like bf, gta or other AAA games and stream i highly suggest a ryzen cpu. 

ryzen will be good, you will notice a difference when you game at 800 by 600 or 720p.

5820k will be good balance especially for high fps gaming, if you play demanding games like bf, gta or other AAA games and stream i highly suggest a ryzen cpu. 

what about a 6800k whats the difference between that and the 6850k other than the pci lanes I only use one gpu and an m,2 drive which is 20 lanes so 28 should be enough for me 

well a 1080 at 1440p would make it more GPU bound which makes the CPU have less of a impact. (wish it was tested) but I would say it may be a 5 FPS difference max. 

It comes down to personal choice, I personally prefer more multi threaded performance.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

what about a 6800k whats the difference between that and the 6850k other than the pci lanes I only use one gpu and an m,2 drive which is 20 lanes so 28 should be enough for me 

Just...forget about 6850k, that CPU makes no sense for the price at all, yes it is only extra lanes.

6850k is a 1 0core with 40 lanes while 6800k is similar to a 5820k but can support 128gb ram and have 28 lanes. 

for a 8 core -ryzen

6 core- 5820k or 6800k

screw you money- 6850k

Just now, The Benjamins said:

well a 1080 at 1440p would make it more GPU bound which makes the CPU have less of a impact. (wish it was tested) but I would say it may be a 5 FPS difference max. 

It comes down to personal choice, I personally prefer more multi threaded performance.

Especialy while streaming using CPU encode, FPS will dip quite a bit even with 7700k.

My plan is to upgrade to x299 when it releases but not straight away once it's matured for at least 4 months so I need something for the next 6-10 months I have x99 motherboard and ddr4 ram I don't have a x99 cpu anymore because I was getting a lot of heat issues with the one I had even with an aio cooler it would hit the upper 80's full load at stock speed tried re-seating the cooler and even got my cooler replaced once but still had issues with that chip so what the 6800k like for cooling is it a cool chip?

14 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

6850k is a 1 0core with 40 lanes while 6800k is similar to a 5820k but can support 128gb ram and have 28 lanes. 

for a 8 core -ryzen

6 core- 5820k or 6800k

screw you money- 6850k

What about 5960x isn't that one of the weakest for single thread from intel?

1 minute ago, MekaStrix said:

What about 5960x isn't that one of the weakest for single thread from intel?

.......no a 5960k is easily overclockable weakest, single threaded cpus are high core count xeons. 

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

.......no a 5960k is easily overclockable weakest, single threaded cpus are high core count xeons. 

Oh so would a 5960x be better choice than a 6800k I can get one of those for £150 more than a 6800k wanted a 6900k but cheapest I can get one of those is £735