Does anyone else with an unlocked Galaxy s7 still not have Android 7.0?

TacticlTwinkie

So I'm sitting here with my unlocked Galaxy s7, seeing stories about how the carriers have rolled out the update, but Im still on Android 6.0.1. Every time I check for an update, there is nothing. This is beginning to seem silly, as I bought an unlocked phone so that I wouldn't have to wait for AT&T to get off its ass for an update. 

9 minutes ago, TacticlTwinkie said:

So I'm sitting here with my unlocked Galaxy s7, seeing stories about how the carriers have rolled out the update, but Im still on Android 6.0.1. Every time I check for an update, there is nothing. This is beginning to seem silly, as I bought an unlocked phone so that I wouldn't have to wait for AT&T to get off its ass for an update. 

What do you expect from Samsung? They're slow as hell. ASUS is also pretty bad with their scheduling.

My Honor 8 was updated to Nougat already though since Huawei is an awesome company. Everything's shiny. You're really missing out. ;) 

7 hours ago, Nacho Marco Segui said:

Blame AT&T, not Samsung. My s7 edge  was updated one week ago

But I shouldn't have to blame AT&T anymore. I bought an unlocked phone so that I wouldn't have to wait for updates. All the articles I have read online says that the update has been rolled out, even on AT&T, Verison, and the rest of the major US networks. Unlocked Samsung Galaxy s7's had their updates a month ago. I'm trying to figure out where mine is.

1 hour ago, TacticlTwinkie said:

But I shouldn't have to blame AT&T anymore. I bought an unlocked phone so that I wouldn't have to wait for updates. All the articles I have read online says that the update has been rolled out, even on AT&T, Verison, and the rest of the major US networks. Unlocked Samsung Galaxy s7's had their updates a month ago. I'm trying to figure out where mine is.

Maybe try and contact Samsung and see if they can do something because all the unlocked handsets should be updated by now.

6 hours ago, AG1233 said:

Maybe try and contact Samsung and see if they can do something because all the unlocked handsets should be updated by now.

I have contacted Samsung customer support and they said that the unlocked versions have not had an update roll out yet. How the hell do the carrier versions get an update but the unlocked version not? This defeats the exact reason I bought an unlocked phone. I have done some digging in the comments sections of some articles and lots of unlocked owners are wondering where their update is.

/sigh It looks like Samsung has lost my business for my next phone. Its a shame, because I really like the hardware.