How good is an i5 7500 for gaming at 1080p?

I am building a gaming from scratch. Should i get the i5 7500 or the 7600k? I would like it to last around 4.5 years at 1080p. Will a 7500 be fine or should i get a 7600k?

A similar question I have is why nobody considers the i5 7600(non k)?

I'm building a computer soon and I will go with an i7 7700, mostly due to the hope that it will last me longer and that I like cpu intensive games. 

1 minute ago, corevo said:

A similar question I have is why nobody considers the i5 7600(non k)?

I'm building a computer soon and I will go with an i7 7700, mostly due to the hope that it will last me longer and that I like cpu intensive games. 

Cause overclock abillity and K cpu's mostly having a higher base clock, is a money thrower for some consumers.

Either way an 7700 should last you a well good time.

Just now, Aytex said:

Cause overclock abillity and K cpu's mostly having a higher base clock, is a money thrower for some consumers.

Either way an 7700 should last you a well good time.

Yeah true, but the OP posted their main options as either the 7600k or the 7500. Why isn't the 7600 an option, too? I've just noticed this as being a trend, seems like nobody is buying or recommending the non-k 7600.

Just now, corevo said:

Yeah true, but the OP posted their main options as either the 7600k or the 7500. Why isn't the 7600 an option, too? I've just noticed this as being a trend, seems like nobody is buying or recommending the non-k 7600.

A year ago I was reccomending the i5 4460, back when haswell was king. look where its at now. down in the dirt :P 

a 4790k will still last you a good time.

though I am no god and cannot foresee new processor's in the future.

2 minutes ago, Aytex said:

A year ago I was reccomending the i5 4460, back when haswell was king. look where its at now. down in the dirt :P 

a 4790k will still last you a good time.

though I am no god and cannot foresee new processor's in the future.

Ive been saying this for so long, if you can afford it, go i7. 4690K where is it? 4790k shall I upgrade? HELL NO

hell look at my signature lol, expand that shit :D

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Who knows what will happen in the future but the costs savings of $50 gives the 7500 the advantage over the 7600K. $50 is not a lot but I am not sure how much real world difference you will feel between the 7500 and 7600K.