Possible to simulate R3s and R5s?

Are there any restrictions for reviewers or anyone that already owns one of the Ryzen chips to disable some cores and SMT here and there to give a theoretical idea where the R5s and R3s may be positioned in performance? Does it put a bad light on reviewers to do this kind of thing? I mean the 1800x, 1700x and 1700 are all interesting and what not but I think we all got the idea by now where it stands.

It would be nice to get some idea where the 1600x 1400x and 1200x would lie in theory, similarly like how some of us had an idea what the i3 7350k would be like due to overclocking of the i3 6100 at the time or the few that disabled cores on i7s with an OC. Yes it's not super duper accurate but its definitely not so inaccurate that its a waste of time, it gives a nice ballpark of performance levels. Im sure many of us here would like to know without the unnecessary waiting

System: Intel Core i3 3240 @ 3.4GHz, EVGA GTX 960 SSC 2GB ACX 2.0, 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 Kingston HyperX RAM, ASRock B75M-DGS R2.0 Motherboard, Corsair CX430 W Power Supply

But I mean R3 and R5 has less cores but as we see from Intel examples they will have higher clock speed too. So you don't just disable the core, you'd have to maybe overclock it too.

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

But I mean R3 and R5 has less cores but as we see from Intel examples they will have higher clock speed too. So you don't just disable the core, you'd have to maybe overclock it too.

Except according to the leaks we have so far, it seems that the lower tier RyZen chips won't be clocked any higher than the 1800X.  Granted, those are leaks, and so inherently slightly untrustworthy, and plus, if you just think about it logically, it would make sense for AMD to clock the lower core-count CPUs higher.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

Except according to the leaks we have so far, it seems that the lower tier RyZen chips won't be clocked any higher than the 1800X.  Granted, those are leaks, and so inherently slightly untrustworthy, and plus, if you just think about it logically, it would make sense for AMD to clock the lower core-count CPUs higher.

Yeah I don't trust leaks. They are just their to hype things up.