Intel cpu prices

I was googling and entered this site for intel processors and see a major price drops

http://www.microcenter.com/category/4294966995,4294964566/Intel-Processors

Is this normal for processors after initial release or an Intel response to AMD or the market response is independant from manufacturers i.e. the market needs to get rid from expectedly difficult to compete products.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

5 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Note that it says it's for store-pickup only. Also note nobody else is price dropping (as much, probably). Microcenter tends to do these kinds of things.

I hope it will have some effect on the market that everyone will price a product reasonably.

1 minute ago, Zaydoon said:

I hope it will have some effect on the market that everyone will price a product reasonably.

I doubt anyone else will do as much of a price drop as Microcenter though. Microcenter is one of the highly coveted brick and mortar stores specifically because they tend to do a lot of walk-in-only sales or bundles that are that good.

3 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

I doubt anyone else will do as much of a price drop as Microcenter though. Microcenter is one of the highly coveted brick and mortar stores specifically because they tend to do a lot of walk-in-only sales or bundles that are that good.

yeah i was telling my friend about this deal and he said he got his 6700k for about that much at microcenter like around this time last year.