Replace my Nvidia Titan with???????????

Chrislandry238

Hey guys and gals, just hoping for some advice/incite. I have a Nvidia Titan, its been working great but I see other cards now for cheaper than I can sell my titan for that out perform it. I've taken a look at the Radeon 7990 and Gtx 690, but now I've been looking at the 780 ti any thoughts? Also I'm not looking to buy two in crossfire though I understand both 7990 and 690 are two cards in one, just don't want to break the bank.

stay with your Titan

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

I would go 780Ti

Yup, that would be the best bet. (that's what everyone else is telling me to get instead of a titan) plus its cheaper and more powerful.

こんにちは, まだ学習漢字 ;)

780 ti or keep that thing it still does amazing

My rig  case- Graphite 600t white CPU-i5 3570k OC 4.0Ghz RAM- 8gb Vengeance memory HDD-WD Black 1tb PSU-tx650 GPU- MSI 770 gameing edition 2gb , gtx 650 1gb Motherboard- asrock extreme 3 z77 Fan controller- NZXT sentry lx CPU cooler- H60 Peripherals- g300 mouse G630 headset k70 silver cherry mx red switches  my free nas nas Case- Dell something.. Ram- 8 gb ecc ddr 2 CPU - Pentium D 3.0ghz HDD currently 160 gb adding 3tb wd red “Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something” –Jake the Dog

to be honest, just keep the titan, you dont have to worry about things like microstuttering and whatnot, and it will be hard to sell it at a reasonable price due to the competition with the 290x, 780ti etc...

you're better off keeping your titan man

Keep your Titan, what's the problem with it?

Because if you don't have a problem with it it's not worth selling it at all to buy a card that will give you 5-20 more FPS.

You've got 6GB of vRAM too, you won't find anything better unless it's a 6000$ Quadro.

I'll buy it for $600 ;)

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

Keep your Titan, what's the problem with it?

Because if you don't have a problem with it it's not worth selling it at all to buy a card that will give you 5-20 more FPS.

You've got 6GB of vRAM too, you won't find anything better unless it's a 6000$ Quadro.

ughh *facepalm*

why on earth would you change it!! but obviously a 780 TI so far unless you want to try and wait for a 790 Lol....

but come on the titan is epic.. it even sounds better!

Titan is great card. It's not worth to replace it for 4-5 fps.

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

Keep the Titan. The performance improvement from the Titan to the 780ti is not enough to justify paying 600 for the new one. Plus your Titan has 6gb frame buffer which may or may not be utilized by next gen games that the 780ti might struggle with.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

thanks man I think i will keep it it just that I like to try and resell hardware when its still worth a bit to get the newer stuff 

Depends on your resolution, 1080p or 1440p go for a 780ti. 5760x1080, 4k or 3x 1440p keep your titan.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

780ti or keep the Titan.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

Keep the Titan, the resale value will be so much less than what you bought it for considering the 780ti is more powerful and a lot cheaper.

[i'm bored] What's your problem?

The Quadro you recommended would be an awful replacement for his Titan as it's not a gaming card and would be terrible at playing games.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

Cacao are you rocking asus titans ??? Just wondering what your settings are for asus gpu tweak