Is it possible to Make this cheaper.

Kraglenn
Go to solution Solved by Kraglenn,
Just now, i_build_nanosuits said:

that is a high end feature that supported by only a handful of high end motherboards...most of the time you DO need a compatible CPU to be able to reach the bios in the first plance and update it.

watch what you read online, lots of missinformation going on.

yea, this is what someone told me before, even if it is possible ill just go on the safe side and pay 20 bucks more

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G4600 3.6GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($88.89 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($78.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: Mushkin Essentials 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($48.98 @ Directron) 
Storage: Western Digital RE3 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.97 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB Video Card  ($184.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: NZXT S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($66.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($46.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $565.78
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-03-01 06:27 EST-0500

Keep in mind that i wish to Game at 1440p 45-60fps (yes, yes 1080p 60+fps is better blah blah blah, bug off)

Now, The CPU is all i need and its the cheapest one, the RX 480 is great for me but i may be open to changes, I will not change the case because looks are important to me (unpopular opinion, yea well boohoo for you), RAM was the cheapest and im curious if i should pay the $10 premium for the 2400 over the 2133, Motherboard will need to support Crossfire for future upgrades and be compatible with Kaby Lake CPUs. I think thats everything so currently I think that this is actually the cheapest i can get it.

Dont pay more for higher clocked RAM

Ion (Main Build)                                                                                        Overall Setup

i5 6500 3.2 GHz                                                                     -Blue snowball (White) thanks goodwill

MSI Mortar Arctic                                                                   -Logitech K120

Asus 1060 6GB Dual                                                             -Logitech Daedalus Prime G302

PNY CS1311 120 GB                                                            -Mousepad I made in 1st grade with my name on it                                                 

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT White 16GB (8x2GB) 2400

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

Lenovo H320 (Old Pre-built PC)                                      Possible upgrade for H320          

i5 650 3.2 GHz (heh)                                                                                    Xeon X3470

Motherboard unknown                                                       Same Motherboard

iGPU                                                                                   GT 1030 (MSI Low Profile Half Height)

Crucial 240GB SSD                                                           Crucial 240GB SSD

6GB DDR3 (4+2GB)                                                           8-10GB DDR3 (4+2+2GB/4+4+2GB)

Lenovo H320 case                                                             Lenovo H320 case

Unknown PSU (210W?)                                                     Same PSU (210W?)    

Just now, QuantumBit said:

Dont pay more for higher clocked RAM

Well that covers that :D, Thanks

Just now, TheRandomness said:

Go with a G4560 instead. Cheaper, and pretty much the same. 

Saves me 20 bucks, :D, I thought the extra 20 bucks would make all the difference Thanks

You can buy a 6th gen motherboard (H110 or B150) if you are not planning to use optane (which would be definitely expensive). But you will need to flash the latest bios update to use a 7th gen processor with it.

I would suggest a different mobo. It seems a waste to use an MATX mobo. Also newegg have got a few promos so you can pick up a z170 mobo (kaby lake compatable with bios update) for just less than the one listed above.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/fcqbt6/asrock-motherboard-z170pro4s

$89.99 -$20.00 +FREE s/h   In stock $69.99

If you want the bare minimum and are willing to use an MATX then I would go with this

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/pgbkcf/asus-motherboard-b150mplusd3

$84.85 -$25.00       $59.85+

Specs

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k @ 4.6GHz

CPU Cooler: EK Water Loop - Pastel White Fluid

Video/Graphics Card: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Single Fan (+220 core, +225 mem, manual)

PSU: Corsair RM750i Modular PSU - with Silverstone white extensions

RAM: 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (8GB x 2) @ 3000MHz

Peripherals:

• AOC 29" 1080p Monitor (2x)
  • ASUS ROG Cerberus Headset
  • Corsair K90 Keyboard
  • Corsair RGB Strafe Mouse

http://i.imgur.com/TxY11t7.gif

Just now, Sahil10416 said:

You can buy a 6th gen motherboard (H110 or B150) if you are not planning to use optane (which would be definitely expensive). But you will need to flash the latest bios update to use a 7th gen processor with it.

i thought you needed a skylake cpu to update it and if i could update it without a skylake and using my kabylake how would i flash the latest bios update?

1 minute ago, _Rapid said:

I would suggest a different mobo. It seems a waste to use an MATX mobo. Also newegg have got a few promos so you can pick up a z170 mobo (kaby lake compatable with bios update) for just less than the one listed above.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/fcqbt6/asrock-motherboard-z170pro4s

$89.99 -$20.00 +FREE s/h   In stock $69.99

If you want the bare minimum and are willing to use an MATX then I would go with this

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/pgbkcf/asus-motherboard-b150mplusd3

$84.85 -$25.00       $59.85+

they're both 6th gen, read my reply to sahil's coment

You just need to download the latest bios on any pc & you need a pendrive to flash it on the motherboard (you don't need a skylake cpu).Watch any youtube video for the bios update process.

Just now, Sahil10416 said:

You just need to download the latest bios on any pc & you need a pendrive to flash it on the motherboard (you don't need a skylake cpu).Watch any youtube video for the bios update process.

7 minutes ago, Sahil10416 said:

that is a high end feature that is supported by only a handful of high end motherboards...most of the time you DO need a compatible CPU to be able to reach the bios in the first place and update it.

6 minutes ago, Kraglenn said:

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Just now, i_build_nanosuits said:

that is a high end feature that supported by only a handful of high end motherboards...most of the time you DO need a compatible CPU to be able to reach the bios in the first plance and update it.

yea, this is what someone told me before, even if it is possible ill just go on the safe side and pay 20 bucks more

go to eBay for some parts I got my 1080 new for 60 dollars cheaper as well as 7700k for 40 cheaper than any other store.

2 hours ago, Kraglenn said:

2 hours ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

that is a high end feature that is supported by only a handful of high end motherboards...most of the time you DO need a compatible CPU to be able to reach the bios in the first place and update it.

This is a basic feature & is available on all entry level 6th gen motherboards. You can check on any website of motherboard manufacturers (gigabyte,msi,asus etc.)

1 hour ago, Sahil10416 said:

This is a basic feature & is available on all entry level 6th gen motherboards. You can check on any website of motherboard manufacturers (gigabyte,msi,asus etc.)

well...i did checked this and the ROG ASUS high end boards do have a BIOS FLASHBACK feature that makes it possible to flash to a new bios without a CPU (you use a thumb stick) but that's about it from what i can tell so please go ahead and show me the way cause i ain't seeing it in low end boards in fact none of the 22 or 25 B150 boards that' i have looked at have anything remotely similar to this feature.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($61.99 @ Jet) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($71.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: Mushkin Essentials 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($51.99 @ Directron) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($48.88 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB Video Card  ($184.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($44.89 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($46.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $511.70
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-03-01 13:04 EST-0500

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

7 hours ago, frozzy said:

go to eBay for some parts I got my 1080 new for 60 dollars cheaper as well as 7700k for 40 cheaper than any other store.

not an option for me im afraid, i dont live in america and i have a higher budget but taking into account all the shipping...

On 3/1/2017 at 10:37 PM, i_build_nanosuits said:

well...i did checked this and the ROG ASUS high end boards do have a BIOS FLASHBACK feature that makes it possible to flash to a new bios without a CPU (you use a thumb stick) but that's about it from what i can tell so please go ahead and show me the way cause i ain't seeing it in low end boards in fact none of the 22 or 25 B150 boards that' i have looked at have anything remotely similar to this feature.

I agree, this feature only comes in high end mobos.