Laptop AC Adapter

Misinthe

Hey everyone, so my wife's laptop stopped charging, I don't know if it was the charger, the battery or the port. So I'll start by replacing the charger. Her laptop is an Acer Aspire Nitro V17 model VN7-791G-74SH. Does anyone know if I can order one directly from Acer? I can only find generic ones on Amazon. Thank you all for your comments!

6 minutes ago, Miguel552 said:

Hey everyone, so my wife's laptop stopped charging, I don't know if it was the charger, the battery or the port. So I'll start by replacing the charger. Her laptop is an Acer Aspire Nitro V17 model VN7-791G-74SH. Does anyone know if I can order one directly from Acer? I can only find generic ones on Amazon. Thank you all for your comments!

here is one I found. I have also seen universal chargers with adapters that fit most major laptop brands sold at best buy.

https://www.amazon.com/Optimum-Orbis-VN7-591G-70RT-VN7-591G-77FS-VN7-791G-76Z8/dp/B00ZIB0QZA

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

a generic one should be fine as long as it can deliver enough watts and you set the correct voltage and polarity.

getting an original charger from acer might be very expensive - if even possible

you could check if the charger is really the problem if you have a multimeter

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

4 minutes ago, bgibbz said:

here is one I found. I have also seen universal chargers with adapters that fit most major laptop brands sold at best buy.

https://www.amazon.com/Optimum-Orbis-VN7-591G-70RT-VN7-591G-77FS-VN7-791G-76Z8/dp/B00ZIB0QZA

I saw those, that Optimum brand seems to be the most popular one for this.

3 minutes ago, KenjiUmino said:

a generic one should be fine as long as it can deliver enough watts and you set the correct voltage and polarity.

getting an original charger from acer might be very expensive - if even possible

you could check if the charger is really the problem if you have a multimeter

I don't have a multimeter handy and I checked Best Buy and all they got is 90W, I need 135W one.

1 minute ago, Miguel552 said:

Oh man, this is perfect but they charge for shipping, so it's like $50+ for one :o

i told you it will get expensive ;)

14 minutes ago, Miguel552 said:

Managed to get a free shipping coupon from acer, so I'm getting that. Thank you very much @kelvinhall05 and all who commented!

nice to hear. how did you get the coupon ? acer support ?

2 hours ago, KenjiUmino said:

nice to hear. how did you get the coupon ? acer support ?

To be honest I don't know, I went back to the cart after looking at the checkout and a popup came up on the screen offering free shipping code.