Black PCB RAM

LapFox
Go to solution Solved by HeathCliff,

Well first of all, mixing of RAM is not really preferred due to compatibility issues. It would make more sense to purchase a new set of memory. However as to your request: The only thing I can think of right now is Crucial's Ballistix Tactial LP and strip off the heatspreader with a razer and hair-dryer.

http://www.crucial.com/uk/store/ProductMarketing_BallistixTactical.aspx

Crucial_Ballistix_Tactical_LP_700.jpg

Hey Guys,

So I currently have 8GB (2 x 4GB) of Samsung Green RAM overclocked to 2133 MHz. 8GB isn't enough for me anymore, so I wanted 2 more 4GB DIMMS of it, however it seems to be really rare now, so I can't find any more 8GB kits of it (Here in the UK at least).

What i'm asking for is suggestions of RAM that also has black PCBs to go with this kit. It'll be running in dual-channel, so they shouldn't interfere with each other as long as they're the same speed and CAS latency, right?

Thanks in advance for any help guys.

EDIT: Something I forgot to mention, they have to be low-profile due to my CPU cooler.

| CPU: Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.26v | GPU: AMD R9 290X @ 1090MHz |

| RAM: 2x4GB Samsung Green @ 2133MHz OC |

| PSU: Corsair RM850 | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 | 

Corsair Vengeance Pro, Corsair Dominator Platinum, Kingston HyperX Beast (the new revision). I can't think of any more off the top of my head.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

My bad, edited OP.

Those are nice suggestions, but they don't fit.

Ummm... Naked RAM with black PCB is like, not possible to find anywhere man...

Edit: And if you want black PCBs and small dimms, go for the HyperX Beasts, they're small without the heatsink.

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

My bad, edited OP.

Those are nice suggestions, but they don't fit.

Kingston HyperX Black

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Well first of all, mixing of RAM is not really preferred due to compatibility issues. It would make more sense to purchase a new set of memory. However as to your request: The only thing I can think of right now is Crucial's Ballistix Tactial LP and strip off the heatspreader with a razer and hair-dryer.

http://www.crucial.com/uk/store/ProductMarketing_BallistixTactical.aspx

Crucial_Ballistix_Tactical_LP_700.jpg

Spoiler
Spoiler

Project Depravity: £850 / ????? (03/12/2015) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE Red Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB MX Red Monitors: 3* Asus PG279Q Stand: Ergotech Triple Desk Stand Webcam: Logitch C920

Spoiler

RIP in kill: CPU: Single core Celeron M @1.73GHz RAM: 1GB (512MB x2) DDR2 SO-DIMM Motherboard: Asus MOCA-AR HDD: 160GB SATA2 5400rpm

Spoiler

Current System: CPU: Intel i5-4690K Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1866MHz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 960 4GB SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M Case: Corsair 200R Windowed MonitorLG 22MP55HQ 22" IPS + HP w19 MouseRoccat Savu Keyboard: Corsair Raptor K30 Mouse Pad: Perixx DX-1000XXL Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 

Ummm... Naked RAM with black PCB is like, not possible to find anywhere man...

Edit: And if you want black PCBs and small dimms, go for the HyperX Beasts, they're small without the heatsink.

hes not asking for naked ram hes asking for heatsink and black pcb why when u cant see it i have no idea and black naked pcb isnt hard 

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=186_912&products_id=20876

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I think i'm going to buy some Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP, take off their heat spreaders, and sell my Samsung RAM. (Thanks for the suggestion, HeathCliff)

It's a shame really, this is epic memory (And I got it at a great price, £45).

Thanks very much guys!

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I think i'm going to buy some Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP, take off their heat spreaders, and sell my Samsung RAM. (Thanks for the suggestion, HeathCliff)

It's a shame really, this is epic memory (And I got it at a great price, £45).

Thanks very much guys!

The cheapest I've found a 1600MHz C9 set is on Dabs for £142.93.

http://www.dabs.com/products/crucial-16gb--2-x-8gb--ballistix-tactical-lp-ddr3-udimm-240pin-cl8-8G34.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=ppc%20product%20search&utm_content=Q200&utm_campaign=Components%20and%20Storage%20-%20Memory%20-%20Generic%20Memory&origin=pla

If you have the money, go for it. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

Project Depravity: £850 / ????? (03/12/2015) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE Red Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB MX Red Monitors: 3* Asus PG279Q Stand: Ergotech Triple Desk Stand Webcam: Logitch C920

Spoiler

RIP in kill: CPU: Single core Celeron M @1.73GHz RAM: 1GB (512MB x2) DDR2 SO-DIMM Motherboard: Asus MOCA-AR HDD: 160GB SATA2 5400rpm

Spoiler

Current System: CPU: Intel i5-4690K Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1866MHz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 960 4GB SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M Case: Corsair 200R Windowed MonitorLG 22MP55HQ 22" IPS + HP w19 MouseRoccat Savu Keyboard: Corsair Raptor K30 Mouse Pad: Perixx DX-1000XXL Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 

Hey Guys,

So I currently have 8GB (2 x 4GB) of Samsung Green RAM overclocked to 2133 MHz. 8GB isn't enough for me anymore, so I wanted 2 more 4GB DIMMS of it, however it seems to be really rare now, so I can't find any more 8GB kits of it (Here in the UK at least).

What i'm asking for is suggestions of RAM that also has black PCBs to go with this kit. It'll be running in dual-channel, so they shouldn't interfere with each other as long as they're the same speed and CAS latency, right?

Thanks in advance for any help guys.

EDIT: Something I forgot to mention, they have to be low-profile due to my CPU cooler.

why is that Samsung kit SO FREAKING EXPENSIVE?!?! I mean look at this http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/kingston-memory-khx13c9b1rk28 I now it is not black etc. but compare the prices!

Dell XPS 15 9560 - Nikon Z5 - Galaxy S10+

why is it SO FREAKING EXPENSIVE?!?!

Welcome to the UK, and also it's really rare RAM. Proper nice though :P

Yeah I think I will go for that, since they're 8GB DIMMS I'm not limiting myself as I am with these 4GB DIMMS.

Thanks again!

Welcome to the UK, and also it's really rare RAM. Proper nice though :P

Yeah I think I will go for that, since they're 8GB DIMMS I'm not limiting myself as I am with these 4GB DIMMS.

Thanks again!

yeah but... I edited my post so check out that ram, it is as expensive as that samsung ones

Dell XPS 15 9560 - Nikon Z5 - Galaxy S10+

Corsair Vengeance Pro Memory Sticks have black PCB's.. but features heat spreaders.

You can try to pry them off if you want :P

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB 1866 Video Card: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G SSDSamsung 840 Evo 250GB HDD: WD 1TB + 500GB Caviar Blue
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 Case: Gigabyte GZ-G1 Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown MousePad: Corsair MM200
Steam/Origin/Uplay: renz62