No Power to my PSU (An Idea whats going on) ?

Revan654

I'm having issues with two of my PSU. Both are giving me the same result, An 850 and 1000 EVGA P2. The problem it's not turning on inside my PC. Before I installed the PSU I tested the cables & PSU. Everything was fine, Now I installed it in my PC. It refuses to turn on. I used three sets of cables already and four different Power cables. Everything had the same results.

The PSU is not overloaded. I also unplugged all the cables expect the ATX, still nothing.

I'm using a jumper to test the PSU.

Any idea whats  going on?

zQS60d2.jpg

sxK0eiA.jpg?1

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

Thats a ballin rig.. 

Make sure the little switch on the PSU is flicked to the I position, maybe just a silly mistake?

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

2 minutes ago, Luc401 said:

Thats a ballin rig.. 

Make sure the little switch on the PSU is flicked to the I position, maybe just a silly mistake?

Thanks, it's only my gaming rig. My main PC is allot more insane.

No, that's not it. Since I been flicking it back and forth.

I reckon something is shorting somewhere in the case and it's the protection kicking in

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

sure your motherboard or some other component isn't shorting out on the case? I would say remove it from the case and try but not sure how practical that would be with your cooling.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

As others have said, it sounds like your system is being protected by something on your board. Luckily for you (sarcasm) your system is watercooled so taking everything apart should be a tremendous amount of fun. See if it boots outside the case on top of a cardboard box with an air cooler.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

18 minutes ago, vorticalbox said:

sure your motherboard or some other component isn't shorting out on the case? I would say remove it from the case and try but not sure how practical that would be with your cooling.

It's not connected to my motherboard yet. I tried with just ATX and molex. Which I know for a fact those cables work. No power.

---

Any chance could a cable get pitched in a tight area and stop from the PSU powering up?