What type of brand of GPU is best?

YourComputerGeek

There's a lot of different of GPU company to choose from! When the GTX 1080 Ti comes out, I will be getting one, but what is the main differences between the companies? (Ex. Asus, Gigabyte, EVGA, etc) 

Which one would be the best? 

I currently have a EVGA GTX 980 SC, but I want to consider other companies! 

None of them are definitively the best or the others would be out of business. A lot of it is down to individual cards/coolers and personal preference. 

it really depends on what your criteria is, gigabyte g1 gaming coolers aren't the best (the non watercooled ones) and evga is generally the go to for most people - for white builds asus dual or palit if they sell it where you live is good - msi armor is decent too - for red and black, msi gaming x is generally the standard

3 minutes ago, gtx1060=value said:

it really depends on what your criteria is, gigabyte g1 gaming coolers aren't the best (the non watercooled ones) and evga is generally the go to for most people - for white builds asus dual or palit if they sell it where you live is good - msi armor is decent too - for red and black, msi gaming x is generally the standard

Should I just stick with EVGA? I already have one form them, works perfectly for me

The cheapest.

For customer service, EVGA.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

Just now, YourComputerGeek said:

Should I just stick with EVGA? I already have one form them, works perfectly for me

depends on colour scheme - if you are ok with gray or black evga is great 

It's very much like motherboard manufacturers, where they all work well, and you need to pick one with the features you like.

any GPU you get that's made by a big company will work fine. the only reason to get a more expensive one (like EVGA Classified) is to get more OC headroom.

Personally, I chose my 1070 in the ASUS STRIX flavor because I liked their black color, and awesome RGB. (and their cooler is quite nice too)

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Msi twinfrozer is in terms of silence king, but evga if you like the design is also good. To be honest just look what desing looks best to you

EVGA's new iCX/FTW2 is great, MSI Gaming X is great, and ASUS STRIX is very good as well (I like the STRIX's aesthetics a lot). Zotac and PNY/Palit are generally the budget options but are decent, and Gigabyte is usually the cheapest and isn't as good as the rest

-----> Official Unofficial Favorite Keyswitch Type Survey <-----

OWNER OF THE FASTEST INTEL iGPU ON LTT UNIGINE SUPERPOSITION [lol]

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

WORK RIG "OVERPRICED BRICK"

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

GET YOUR ASS ON NIGHT THEME

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

Changes all the time. You just need to see what's good at the time. EVGA changed from an ACX to an iCX cooler due to inadequate cooling of graphics components for example.

I had an account called Joegeddon active since April 20th 2015

Desktop

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 | XFX RADEON RX580 8GB XXX | 16GB 3000MHz DDR4 | Thermaltake Versa H22 | Corsair RM550x PSU | MSI AM4 B450M-A PRO Motherboard

1TB 7200RPM HDD | 500GB 7200RPM HDD | 500GB M.2 WD BLUE SSD

Laptop - Asus UX303UA

Intel i7 6500U | Intel 530 Graphics | 12GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 256GB SATA 3 SSD

it really depends on what they do for this new GPU

for example, the gigabyte 980ti g1 gaming was a fantastic card, but their 10-series stuff has been pretty lackluster imo

I'd never owned an ASUS Strix card before, but after seeing how good it was from reviews, I bought their 1080.

really depends on the GPU in question, the reviews, the aesthetics, and warranty.

I bought my first MSI GTX 960 because of the white and black color scheme

Bought my 290x tri-x because of the looks and great cooling

Bought my G1 Gaming 980ti because of the looks, overclocking headroom, and cost

Bought my Strix 1080 because it has the best cooler of any 1080 manufacturer (imo), and looks sweet

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

The answer to this question seems to be changing for each new release, and sometimes, there aren't any good answers either. Luckily, there aren't many manufacturers that you can go wrong with today, and whether you pick something from ASUS, Gigabyte, MSi or EVGA won't make a huge difference since they all have their own efficient designs nowadays.

As some people have already mentioned, look a the feature set instead, or maybe clock speeds if that's interesting to you.

I't really doesn't matter who you chose to get your GPU by in my opinion. If you buy a graphics card from any of the reputable companies like: EVGA, MSI, ASUS, Gigabyte or ZOTAC you will most likely be fine. The big difference between them is the performance. There's not a huge difference between GPUs from different brands, but there might be a difference in a couple of FPS or so. One of the biggest differences if thermals and looks in my opinion. If you care about looks I'd go for a GPU i think look nice, as long as it's from a reputable brand, and the thermals are only really a factor if you want to overclock your GPU or want silent operation while gaming. If you don't want to chose i would recommend maybe getting an ASUS GTX 1080ti Strix. It will probable be completely black and will have some RGB LED's if you want to color code it with your system. Of course they might change the looks compared to the GTX 1080/1070 design that they're going for today, but most likely not.