philips tv won't turn of after adjusting setting

bluky

Hello,

i turned off the setting "e-sticker" in the "dealer menu" and now my TV wont turn on again... anyone an idea how to fix this?

the TV is a philips 46pfl5605h/12

3 minutes ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

Did you unplug it from the wall and plug it back in?

yes... when you try to turn on the TV you see the Philips logo and after that the screen stays black 

Does it stay black when you reset the tv to the original settings? 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

3 minutes ago, bluky said:

yes... when you try to turn on the TV you see the Philips logo and after that the screen stays black 

Can you still open the settings menu? If not you might have to reset the TV to factory settings. You can try doing this by unplugging everything, HDMI, power etc. and waiting 5 mins. Can't guarantee it though.

i7 7700k @ 5.0GHz | GTX 1070 Founders | Vengeance LPX 16GB | Asus STRIX Z270F

-  Logitech G930 7.1 | Corsair K70 Lux RGB | Mad Catz RAT5 | Acer 4K 24" K242HQK | Sony 31" HD  -

1 minute ago, Tryekk said:

Can you still open the settings menu? If not you might have to reset the TV to factory settings. You can try doing this by unplugging everything, HDMI, power etc. and waiting 5 mins. Can't guarantee it though.

Unfortunatly we are not able to reset anything on the TV because the TV when you turn it on, only shows a phillips logo and then turn pitch black, also no backlight, just blackness. Even the standby led doesnt turn on. 
However; it does respond to my remote control, so it almost looks like its waiting on some unlock code or something..
This all happend after we turned off e-sticker mode in the hidden service menu and rebooted the TV.
Its hidden for a reason we know that :P

12 minutes ago, bluky said:

Unfortunatly we are not able to reset anything on the TV because the TV when you turn it on, only shows a phillips logo and then turn pitch black, also no backlight, just blackness. Even the standby led doesnt turn on. 
However; it does respond to my remote control, so it almost looks like its waiting on some unlock code or something..
This all happend after we turned off e-sticker mode in the hidden service menu and rebooted the TV.
Its hidden for a reason we know that :P

If the setting was in the 'dealer menu' that sounds like you might have locked the TV for use in a public environment (eg. a store) where they don't want customers going through the settings. However I don't know why it would just display a black screen. All I can say is you could try looking for a way to reset the TV maybe by using a button on the back of the TV or just try pressing buttons on the remote until something happens. :/

i7 7700k @ 5.0GHz | GTX 1070 Founders | Vengeance LPX 16GB | Asus STRIX Z270F

-  Logitech G930 7.1 | Corsair K70 Lux RGB | Mad Catz RAT5 | Acer 4K 24" K242HQK | Sony 31" HD  -