Deleting Registry Key

I have Windows 10 Home on my laptop, I've gained full control over this registry key via SetACL on administrator cmd line.  Yet, when I try to delete it it just gives me an "Error while deleting key".  The key is possibly protected some other way by microshaft, I'm just at a loss and not sure what else to do.  I'm just trying to lock down my Windows 10 as much as possible. 

Edit: Safe Mode does not work, while trying to delete this key.

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

nope just stupid proofing, are you on dev mode? 

Yes I am.

Have you tried not using windows?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Schubaltz said:

Which key are you trying to remove and why?

Spoiler

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\WMI\Autologger\SQMLogger

I can imagine you understand my intentions.

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

windows is not that bad, try using OSX

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

windows is not that bad, try using OSX

No it's not, but OP is clearly overly paranoid and should maybe use linux instead, or disconnect form the internet.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

6 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Yes, I like Linux Mint.  tbh  But, I don't have time to fiddle around with another OS atm.

11 minutes ago, derrickd241 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\WMI\Autologger\SQMLogger

I can imagine you understand my intentions.

What does that do?

Just now, Schubaltz said:

What does that do?

I'm not 100% sure but I believe it's used for tracing the initialisation process for drives. It's almost never used, as it logs everything that happens and thus results in a pretty substantial increase to boot up time.

-アパゾ

2 minutes ago, Schubaltz said:

What does that do?

If you enable the Customer Experience Improvement Program, then it gets a true flag and information is gathered about performance.  Of course, opting out of the program is just as effective, but doesn't risk f*cking up your system.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

7 minutes ago, APasz said:

I'm not 100% sure but I believe it's used for tracing the initialisation process for drives. It's almost never used, as it logs everything that happens and thus results in a pretty substantial increase to boot up time.

Well I know what I'll be doing when I get home, thanks ;)

7 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

If you enable the Customer Experience Improvement Program, then it gets a true flag and information is gathered about performance.  Of course, opting out of the program is just as effective, but doesn't risk f*cking up your system.

It is still enabled in the registry, I can't even change the enabled Dword to 0.  This is another registry entry right above it that I had no problem deleting.

Spoiler

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\WMI\AutoLogger\AutoLogger-Diagtrack-Listener

maybe because it's being used by something? you can also disconnect from the internet first.

22 minutes ago, LabRat said:

what about safe mode?

Can confirm safe mode does not work, when trying to delete this registry key.

Interesting to note that I am the owner with full control of the registry key and that trying to delete it from the administrator command line gives me the "Error: Access Denied".  What in the actual hell?

Denied.png

Being admin doesn't give you 100% access.

There's a actual admin. I can't remember how to access it, I'm sure you can find a guide for it. This actual admin will be able to override this ad error.

-アパゾ

No, it can only be activated through the command line and intentionally made difficult to access due to it having absolute rights over almost everything. 

-アパゾ

4 minutes ago, APasz said:

No, it can only be activated through the command line and intentionally made difficult to access due to it having absolute rights over almost everything. 

Yea, the command is: Net user administrator /active:yes

When I try and delete it after activating this account it still shows an error.  Maybe I'm not utilizing it correctly? idk man

1 minute ago, derrickd241 said:

Yea, the command is: Net user administrator /active:yes

When I try and delete it after activating this account it still shows an error.  Maybe I'm not utilizing it correctly? idk man

That's your standard issue admin.

-アパゾ