Why do content creators mostly use intel cpu's?

Go to solution Solved by Oshino Shinobu,

Because Ryzen is not available yet, it is only open for pre-orders and hasn't actually launched yet. 

As for why they're not using AMD for the past couple of years, that's because AMD hasn't had anything to offer for those years. Intel has been the only real option for a high performance CPU for a while now. AMD's last "performance" CPU launch was about 4 years ago. 

I am thinking of building my own pc. I actually study in making videos and design posters and stuff so I use the adobe programs a lot and i game most of my spare time.

However I have been watching build logs and setups for years now and hey always seem to be the same:

Latest intel i7 unlocked cpu and a gtx something80 (whatever the newest gen is).

However almost noone that I have watched the past years is using AMD and I was wondering why this is?

The last vid posted by on the channel shows how effective the new Ryzen cpus are in multitasking so why arent they used more often?

2 minutes ago, MAXaddictable said:

I am thinking of building my own pc. I actually study in making videos and design posters and stuff so I use the adobe programs a lot and i game most of my spare time.

However I have been watching build logs and setups for years now and hey always seem to be the same:

Latest intel i7 unlocked cpu and a gtx something80 (whatever the newest gen is).

However almost noone is using that I have watched the past years are using AMD and I was wondering why this is?

The last vid posted by on the channel shows how effective the new Ryzen cpus are in multitasking so why arent they used more often?

Because ryzen has only just come out you donut 

Because Ryzen is not available yet, it is only open for pre-orders and hasn't actually launched yet. 

As for why they're not using AMD for the past couple of years, that's because AMD hasn't had anything to offer for those years. Intel has been the only real option for a high performance CPU for a while now. AMD's last "performance" CPU launch was about 4 years ago. 

Because ryzen doesn't exist in consumer hands yet... it's literally just been announced.

For the past 5 years intel CPUs have been far better than AMD CPUs.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Squibbies18 said:

Because they've only just come out you donut 

RyZen is even out properly you pleb. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

However almost noone is using that I have watched the past years are using AMD and I was wondering why this is?

Because Ryzen hasn't been released yet and the previous offering from AMD are subpar.

1 minute ago, Squibbies18 said:

Because they've only just come out you donut 

I know but arent the other AMD chips good enough as well for content producers or is this a new thing?

1 minute ago, MAXaddictable said:

I know but arent the other AMD chips good enough as well for content producers or is this a new thing?

AMD's top of the line FX series is 4 years old and is underpowered compared to Intel's chips which have been releasing pretty much every year. Not to mention the AM3+ platform that the FX series runs on is seriously outdated with no support for new memory technologies (DDR4), new storage (M.2 and NVMe) and various other things. 

3 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Thx that was what I was interested in in hearing.

As for the rest of you plebs, shame on you for acting so childish and mean

hell no, the latest amd chips aka the FX line up have been out since 2012, amd haven't made a new CPU since then (apart from ryzen) so naturally people opt for Intel instead as it's vastly better than the FX line

(if that was serious) dude if you can't take some light humor then that's your problem 

Back when they came out FX CPUs were very competetive when it came to content creation (rendering etc.) even comparing it to i7s and especially for the price but they have not developed since 2012 or so and they became obsolete. 

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

Well, the good news is that Ryzen looks like it could throw a spanner in the works of what is essentially an Intel monopoly on the high end CPU market (and mid tier, really). If what AMD has shown off so far turns out to be accurate (we still don't have third party benchmarks, so we kind of have to take what AMD's marketing says with a pinch of salt), it could really offer a good performance option at a very good price. Keep an eye out for LTT's video on Ryzen, they're sure to be one of the first with benchmarks and reviews on it. 

5 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Follow up question:

Why didnt they bring out new cpu's? Cause they did release gpu's? Or is that the reason?

Or is amd the old man Nintendo of cpu makers?

Follow up question:

Why didnt they bring out new cpu's? Cause they did release gpu's? Or is that the reason?

Hard to make something new when you've zero money. 

GPUs were quite possibly the only thing keeping them alive. 

Got a good kek out of that last comment though. keep it up.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

3 minutes ago, MAXaddictable said:

Follow up question:

I think it's because they went to focus on the GPU  market more but don't quote me on it

14 minutes ago, MAXaddictable said:

Follow up question:

Ryzen has been in development for 4 years. There's little point in having 2 teams, one working on pushing what they can out of the FX, and the other developing the replacement. The FX series had a design flaw that required software developers to work around, and not many did.

All Intel do every year is make slight tweaks to the existing lineup and maybe get 5% more power, and charge you another grand (at the high end) for that awesome 5%.

4 hours ago, Curious Pineapple said:

The FX series had a design flaw that required software developers to work around, and not many did.

Correction: the FX series had design improvements that required software developers to take advantage of them to see benefits, but many of them either a) were too lazy, b) didn't have the funding to do so, or c) didn't see enough of a ROI.

Clustered Multithreading was awesome but required software properly written to take advantage of multiple cores.

HSA is badass (look at the huge benefits it's offered on mobile and consoles) but on desktop very little software takes advantage of it, and even those that do typically do so poorly.

It's the same issue with developers not taking advantage of SSE and AVX to optimize their code. For the vast majority of developers it seems like it's just "write the code, compile with -O, done", with very few steps taken to profile and optimize their software.