eGPU for Dell inspiron 3542 mini pcie

I have a Dell inspiron 3542 with CPU:- i5 4210U 1.7Ghz Ram: 4Gb DDR3L GPU: Nvidia Geforce 820m Storage: 1Tb HDD.. My service tag is: F8YR812... I have a performance GPU as you see my specs.. I am not able to play games like Mafia 3 even at 10fps.. I am planning to use a eGPU mini pcie adapter to use as a external graphics by replacing the Wi-Fi card for mini pcie.. I want to know if I will be able to do that.. Because I havent connected any eGPU now. So when I go to BIOS menu there is no option for graphics card.. So when I will attach a external GPU using eGPU will it work.. With my laptop.. and if it will work.. I am planning to use nvidia GTX 1050ti 4Gb for the external card.. Please tell me will it work.. Cause I have to spend 250$ for this Please...

Edited by Mr.47

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Open it up, does it have a mpcie slot on the bottom? THe gpu should work if you put it in there.

I saw the mpcie slot used with the Wlan.. I don't see any other mpcie.. Hey I haven't opened it totally..

1 minute ago, Mr.47 said:

I saw the mpcie slot used with the Wlan.. I don't see any other mpcie.. Hey I haven't opened it totally..

well your taking out the wifi card

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

well your taking out the wifi card

I have a ext Wi-Fi USB adapter.. So I don't bother much

2 minutes ago, Mr.47 said:

I have a ext Wi-Fi USB adapter.. So I don't bother much

Is it possible just tell me and if I attach GTX 1050ti 4Gb will it work fine.. Or is there a better GPU at low price for my eGPU

16 minutes ago, Mr.47 said:

Is it possible just tell me and if I attach GTX 1050ti 4Gb will it work fine.. Or is there a better GPU at low price for my eGPU

It should work fine but I'm wondering why you're trying to game on a laptop not meant for gaming? It would be better to save the $220 or so that it will cost you and put it towards a desktop for $200 more.

i5 6600k @ 4.4ghz on Hyper 212 Evo

Powercolor RX 480 8Gb Red Devil @1330Mhz

Bottom line:  Don't be a spaz or an 800lb gorilla when installing your expensive CPU, and you won't have any problems. --Phate.exe

46 minutes ago, Krillingt75961 said:

It should work fine but I'm wondering why you're trying to game on a laptop not meant for gaming? It would be better to save the $220 or so that it will cost you and put it towards a desktop for $200 more.

Man I brought this laptop in 2014 I didn't knew much about the graphics that time and right now I don't have money to build a PC for me for 1000$ .. Cause I have later plans when I have much money I will build a high end video editor Workstation like Pc (like a God PC ) that why I am trying to save money.. And currently do some manage in order to play current games

48 minutes ago, Krillingt75961 said:

Hey man r u sure about this will work.. I can use a gtx 1050ti and I thik you have read my whole post what's my problem

32 minutes ago, Mr.47 said:

Man I brought this laptop in 2014 I didn't knew much about the graphics that time and right now I don't have money to build a PC for me for 1000$ .. Cause I have later plans when I have much money I will build a high end video editor Workstation like Pc (like a God PC ) that why I am trying to save money.. And currently do some manage in order to play current games

I recommend saving some money, building a PC you can game on and then worry about another PC later on. You don't need $1000 to game but by using an external graphics card via mini PCIe cable, you do run the risk of damage because you have a cable coming directly from your motherboard that is screwed in so if it gets caught on something, it will do damage. On top of that, the i5 in your laptop will likely be a bottleneck to any graphics card you connect to it sine it is a low power CPU.  Heres one that will do more than using a 1050ti on your laptop: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GF4hd6

i5 6600k @ 4.4ghz on Hyper 212 Evo

Powercolor RX 480 8Gb Red Devil @1330Mhz

Bottom line:  Don't be a spaz or an 800lb gorilla when installing your expensive CPU, and you won't have any problems. --Phate.exe