Focusrite Scarlett Solo (2nd Gen) Static-y/Robotic

SuckMyLittleFinger

Hey Guys,

I recently purchased a Focusrite Scarlett Solo (2nd Gen) dac to connect my mic to. Not long after, while in calls, at random times the other end would say that I sounded static-y/robotic. To fix the issue I simply would re plug in the dac. Although the issue would come back again randomly.  

Now that I have connected my headphones to the dac aswell, has it become a bigger issue. At random times any sound coming through would have this static-y sound over it. So clearly this issue happens with the dac alone. 

I have installed the drivers, AISO and have turned off fast boot for windows which ive heard can solve this issue.

Still I am getting this issue. I contacted Focusrite about this but they have yet to respond days later. 

Thanks,

Eric

probaly a ground loop

Adjust the buffer size

Try lowering samplerate

Also Mics are hot plugable but you have to turn phatom power of before reconnecting

My life

Focusrite 2i4 2nd Gen does exactly the same thing, even when changing sample rate / buffer size, it will still become staticy / robotic, it's either crap hardware or their terrible firmware support which they NEVER update. I solved this problem by buying another Audio Interface from Audient instead.

And its called an Audio Interface, there is a DAC built in though. 

• 1 year later...

It's the headphones, you have to get the ones that can directly connected to the interface, you can't use the adapter, worked for me