SLI through Thunderbolt 3?

Go to solution Solved by Qwweb,

Issue comes from the cards having different specs, I don't believe that the notebook 1080s have SLI support either.

So I just re-watched Linus' review on the Razer Blade Pro as I was helping my friend look for a new laptop and an idea/question came to my mind.

Linus made a comment about Razer not supporting the Core on the Blade Pro because there's nothing really to upgrade to, but what about SLI?

I'm not much of an Electrical Engineer but does anyone know if it would be possible to do that through the USB-C Thunderbolt 3 port? I didn't see anyone mention it in the comments of the video and the only thing I could find on the web was this topic of someone running external GPU's w/ Thunderbolt 2.

you're going to need an SLI cable though

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

sli is not officially supported and can't be achieved without having extremely advanced knowledge of electronics engineering and the documentation for thunderbolt 3, every chip the signal goes trough, and both gpu's.

Issue comes from the cards having different specs, I don't believe that the notebook 1080s have SLI support either.

even if it could or had a sli connector it would still need a sli cable as well and they cant be very long or it would hurt the signal so it wouldn't be to feasible only way would be with 2 razer cores that would be more possible but still wouldnt work stably even if it worked in the first place 

41 minutes ago, shadowbyte said:

you're going to need an SLI cable though

That was part of my question though. Like would it be possible to use a thunderbolt 3 cable as the SLI cable. But as another comment mentioned, the cable being too long might ruin the signal and the signal having to travel through all of chips in the laptop rather than a direct connection.