How much Radiator should I use?

I've been wanting to make a build with a custom loop for quite awhile. I'm thinking about using a Fractal Core 1000.

I'd be cooling a 3770k and a gtx 670 (or a 7xx equivalent when they're released)

I'm thinking of having a 92mm in the back and a 120mm in the front.

I'm not planning to overclock much (if at all) and would just like to keep the temps decent.

I know something like the arc mini would be better, but I'm looking for a relatively small case (I travel a lot) that can support both my GPU and my Sound Card (so ITX is out of the equation)

Also, can anyone recommend good rad fans that aren't as ugly as the Noctua I'd probably use? I'd like to keep to a color scheme if possible. (black/white would be optimal)

Edit: tried to link the rad size text with the rads I was thinking of using. Didn't work out so well.

92mm - http://www.frozencpu.com/products/7141/ex-rad-127/Black_Ice_GTX_Xtreme_M92_Radiator_-_Black.html?tl=g30c95s758#blank

120mm - http://www.frozencpu.com/products/5324/ex-rad-107/Black_Ice_GTX_Xtreme_120_Radiator_-_Black.html?tl=g30c95s159

you are gonna want 360mm of rad to be optimal. you can get get away with 240mm if you dont mind fan noise. (since you arent giong for big overclocks) you might be able to get away with that set up but i wouldnt try it(need some massive airflow). maybe a 240mm rad and 92mm rad would work.

for fans, i like corsair's air series(black with white ring)

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

If you're comfortable with modding you could fit a 240mm rad in the front. Fitting a liquid cooled system into such a small chassis will be difficult, but others have done it.

If you go the modding route: http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179049

http://www.overclock.net/t/1367476/fractal-design-core-1000-with-some-new-core-mods-and-some-water-cooling

Best to have an extra 120mm of radiator so triple 120 is a good fit. Also consider Gentle Typhoons fans.

Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Memory: 32GB 3600mhz DDR4 | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 |
Storage: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb, 850 Evo 500gb, 960 Pro 1tb | Cooling: Custom Liquid Cooling Loop (CPU/GPU) | Case: CaseLabs Mercury S8+Pedestal  | Monitors: Asus ROG Swift PG279Q + PA238QR

As mentalguy mentions - you need 360mm of rad to keep those items cool and not blow your ears out with fan noise. :) Or, you will have some pretty high temps...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

make sure both of them are thick rads more area for cooling

If you're comfortable with modding you could fit a 240mm rad in the front. Fitting a liquid cooled system into such a small chassis will be difficult, but others have done it.

If you go the modding route: http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179049

http://www.overclock.net/t/1367476/fractal-design-core-1000-with-some-new-core-mods-and-some-water-cooling

How did I not find that techpowerup forum post? I searched google high and low.

Didn't really think about modding, I do have a dremel, so I think it could be done.

360 is the general consensus.

Since its been cleared up that a 240 will fit in the front with some modding, does anyone know if its possible to mod a spot for a 120 to fit? Preferably in the rear.

I don't have the case yet, and wouldn't be able to look myself.

Since its been cleared up that a 240 will fit in the front with some modding, does anyone know if its possible to mod a spot for a 120 to fit? Preferably in the rear.

There is no way you will get a 120 in the back. You might be able to get something in the floor though.

A 240 in the front and a 92 in the back would work ok.

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

I would advise against stuffing a custom loop in such a small case. Even if you manage to fit enough radiator in that case to cool your components you'll still need space for a pump and a reservoir. This problem can of course be solved by using a solution such as the H220 from Swiftech, but in the grand scheme of things what's the point? Water cooling a system as compact as that one is far from practical. A custom loop will add a lot of weight to your system not to mention that even with a thick 240 and 92mm radiator cooling your CPU and GPU the temps and noise will be far from spectacular. I'd recommend saving yourself the trouble and cost of liquid cooling such a small system and instead rely on a decent air cooling solution that will be far more practical for your needs and may also allow you some headroom to overclock your components. If you REALLY wish to water cool I suggest you find yourself a larger case with support for more radiators at the cost of reduced portability.

You want at least 120mm of radiator per heat source (RAM, VRM, and chipset cooling doesn't count).

You'll want at least a 240mm rad; 360, ideally.

As you dont have the case yet would you not look into the bitfenix prodigy and put a 240mm rad and a 200mm rad in it? I've started a build in one of these for my latest project and have fitted both rads in together. These would cool what you want pretty easily.

Edit:

just noticed the soundcard is required so never mind :)

Gaming Machine: CPU: AMD 7950x cooled by a Custom Watercooling Loop| CASE: Lian Li Dynamic Evo | MOBO: X670E Asus Crosshair Extreme RAM: 64B DDR4 G.Skill 6000mhz ram | GPU: AMD 7900 XTX PSU: Corsair RM1000x with cablemod cables SSD's: 2TB Seagate 530, 4TB Seagate 530, 1TB WD SN850 | Monitors: 38" Acer X38P Predator| Mouse: Logitech G903 and Powerplay matt | KEYBOARD: Steelseries Apex mini pro | HEADSET: Logitech G935 Wireless Headset

| Pics of my rig |

Linux Machine: CPU: AMD 5950x cooled by a Custom Watercooling Loop| CASE: Phantek Evolv X | MOBO: X570 Asus Crosshair VIII Extreme RAM: 64GB DDR4 Crucial Ballistix 3600mhz ram | GPU: AMD 6900XT PSU: Corsair AX1200 with custom white sleeved Cables  SSD's: 1Tb Seagate 530 & 2Tb Seagate 530 & 2Tb KC3000 | Monitors: 38" Acer X38P Predator | Mouse: Logitech G903 and Powerplay matt | KEYBOARD: Steelseries Apex Pro| HEADSET: Logitech G935 Wireless Headset

| Pics of my rig |

Basement Machine: CPU: AMD 5950x cooled by a Custom Watercooling Loop| CASE: Thermaltake Core Pro 3 | MOBO: X570 Gigabyte Xtreme RAM: 64GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz ram | GPU: Rtx 3080 Ti PSU: Corsair RM1000x  SSD's: 1Tb Crucial P3 Plus & 2Tb SN850 & 2Tb KC3000 | Monitors: 32" 1440p monitor | Mouse: Logitech G903 and Powerplay matt | KEYBOARD: Das Ultimate| HEADSET: Logitech G935 Wireless Headset