How Far Have You Pushed You i5-3570K?

I am a bit curious, I keep hearing about people having trouble to even get to 4.5ghz. I am trying to push mine to the max and see what I can get out of it. i5-3570ks are not created equal.

I was able to get a very stable OC at 4.6ghz that I have been running it at for a few weeks. I am at 4.7ghz right now at 1.24v, Ill try 4.8 then see how far I can get my voltages, it seems I still have some head room for temps

Case: Cubitek MiniCube CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.7GHz GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCUII MoBo: Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2133MHz

SSD: Sandisk Extreme 120GB HDD: WD Black 2TB AIO Water Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 Fans: Corsair SP120 Thermal Paste: MX4

Headphones: Grado SR-80i Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Monitor: Asus MX279H Phone: HTC One Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

Mines at 4.5GHz with 1.25V

My case is really bad (bitfenix merc beta) and my cooler is Hyper 212 EVO push/pull with Corsair SP120 Quiet Ed.

Max temps 70-75 with P95

Although I do not own a 3570k I know from friends that bought one recently that the most recent chips are not very good overclockers, a friend of mine bought one last week and he is struggling to get past the 4.4Ghz mark. Even with high voltages it isn't stable at more than 4.4.

I hope this changes because I would like to upgrade my AM3+ platform to 1155.

-MoraisGT

I have a 3770K and I'm running it at 4.5Ghz on 1.15v. I have found (through personal experimentation and other Google results) that people seem to hit a brick wall past 4.5. It seems that the core to volt ratio increases dramatically once you try to push it past 4.5.

And yes, your chip seems great at those volts you seem to have a lot of room, let us know how far you can push it! ;)

Mine is @4.3Ghz, 1.2V.

I guess I could push it further with my hyper412s, but above 4.3 I have to change the power phase control on my z77 board (at least that's advised), which involves coil whine when idling.

I have a 3770K and I'm running it at 4.5Ghz on 1.15v. I have found (through personal experimentation and other Google results) that people seem to hit a brick wall past 4.5. It seems that the core to volt ratio increases dramatically once you try to push it past 4.5.

And yes, your chip seems great at those volts you seem to have a lot of room, let us know how far you can push it! ;)

Woah, this commenting thing is strange. Anyway, yes-sir. I thought it was fairly average, I've seen other people with a similar config as mine, here's a screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/GF46a.png

EDIT: I should mention that is with vdroop on (spikes freak me out) so technically under load the volt is lower (around 1.136). Do I have a really good chip and not know it? 0.0

well ive got mine stable at 4.8ghz @ 1.22v, 12 hours of prime down and 30 minutes of intel burn test. temps are high, but i only have a little antec kuhler 620, honestly my 3570k is doing so good that it deserves a new cooler so i can push through the 5ghz barrier. when the NZXT kraken x40 becomes available ill swipe one up in heart beat

Case: Cubitek MiniCube CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.7GHz GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCUII MoBo: Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2133MHz

SSD: Sandisk Extreme 120GB HDD: WD Black 2TB AIO Water Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 Fans: Corsair SP120 Thermal Paste: MX4

Headphones: Grado SR-80i Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Monitor: Asus MX279H Phone: HTC One Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

• 2 weeks later...

Maby because I'm using a GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 rev1.3 with uh1 bios but I got 4.5Gzh with 1.325v I know the voltage is a bit high but its a Z68 board witht he most shittiest bios ever.

Right now its running at 3.8GHz with 1V, I got it to 4.2GHz at 1.089-1.1V or something around their.

What are you temp like? I have one core that's ten degrees cooler than hottest, anyone else have that?

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I recommend look at this: Clicky

Its and article from ROG on how to get an 4.5GHz Overclock.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

4.5 at 1.23v

But i've got high ambient, so i clocked it backdown to 4.2 as i don't know shit about cooling.

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

Currently I'm using a really poor motherboard (MSI Z77MA-G45) The bios always likes to push 1.32V just for a 4.2GHz OC, and when I do get it to run closer to 1.2V it wont get past the turbo speed. I shall be investing in a new motherboard soon, any recommendations for a good relatively cheap good OC board? :)

Arch Linux on Samsung 840 EVO 120GB: Startup finished in 1.334s (kernel) + 224ms (userspace) = 1.559s | U mad windoze..?

Offset OC +.110 @ 4.6 (P8Z77-V) BIOS 1708

Low PPD because of Uniprocessor mode..

Currently I'm using a really poor motherboard (MSI Z77MA-G45) The bios always likes to push 1.32V just for a 4.2GHz OC, and when I do get it to run closer to 1.2V it wont get past the turbo speed. I shall be investing in a new motherboard soon, any recommendations for a good relatively cheap good OC board? :)
asrock extreme 4 is decent.

Current rig: i5 2500k & Gtx 560ti With Filco MJ1 TKL & Neutron Gtx 120gb SSD

4.4 GHz as i prefer quiet computing rather than the extra performance of just a few more 0.X GHz compared to the increased noise and heat output

I recommend look at this: Clicky

Its and article from ROG on how to get an 4.5GHz Overclock.

+1 to this, i used this first to get used to the way a 3570k OCs, based on this a few other small things i was able to push it to 4.8