Dell Inspiron running slow

MarkK

So I've been having problems with my computer running slow.  The thing is that there are a lot of things running in the background which is obvious but I don't know which ones are necessary and which ones aren't.  I've gone through and disabled a bunch high load start up applications so it runs faster in the beginning but then I go to TaskManager like couple minutes in and my CPU  utilization is at 100%  even without running any games they're only two tabs open on Chrome and task managers open it it's saying the CPU load is 100% at 2.66 GHz. What are some things that I can disable such as background systems that I probably don't need. IMG_2876.MOVIMG_2876.MOV

IMG_2874.JPG

IMG_2875.JPG

2 minutes ago, MarkK said:

So I've been having problems with my computer running slow.  The thing is that there are a lot of things running in the background which is obvious but I don't know which ones are necessary and which ones aren't.  I've gone through and disabled a bunch high load start up applications so it runs faster in the beginning but then I go to TaskManager like couple minutes in and my CPU  utilization is at 100%  even without running any games they're only two tabs open on Chrome and task managers open it it's saying the CPU load is 100% at 2.66 GHz. What are some things that I can disable such as background systems that I probably don't need. IMG_2876.MOVIMG_2876.MOV

IMG_2874.JPG

IMG_2875.JPG

antivirus?

Bow down to me humans.

I can't help if you don't quote me. How am I supposed to know if you need my premium support? Now starting at £399.99 a year.

Also, be a sport and mark the correct answer as the correct answer. It will help pour souls in the future when they are stuck and need guidance.

"If it works, proceed to take it apart and 'make it work better.' Then cry for help when it breaks." - Me, about five minutes ago when my train of thought wandered.

Remember kids, A janky solution is still a solution.

If you can, reset the entire computer.  Just reset it back to how it came when you got it.  It does works for battery life too.

1 minute ago, lilbman said:

If you can, reset the entire computer.  Just reset it back to how it came when you got it.  It does works for battery life too.

or there's that. if windows's reset thing doesnt work (it has a habit of doing that on oem computers) a copy of the windows 10 iso from microsoft (and instructions) can be found here https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

Bow down to me humans.

I can't help if you don't quote me. How am I supposed to know if you need my premium support? Now starting at £399.99 a year.

Also, be a sport and mark the correct answer as the correct answer. It will help pour souls in the future when they are stuck and need guidance.

"If it works, proceed to take it apart and 'make it work better.' Then cry for help when it breaks." - Me, about five minutes ago when my train of thought wandered.

11 minutes ago, liamdoyle27 said:

or there's that. if windows's reset thing doesnt work (it has a habit of doing that on oem computers) a copy of the windows 10 iso from microsoft (and instructions) can be found here https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

Ok I quick looked up how to do it but it looks like It will remove my apps and games, which I don't want it to do. Is there a way to keep everything including my apps and games along with all my personal files?

2 minutes ago, MarkK said:

Ok I quick looked up how to do it but it looks like It will remove my apps and games, which I don't want it to do. Is there a way to keep everything including my apps and games along with all my personal files?

you could partition your drive and move the files over to the new partition.

laternatiively you could try to use the intergrated "refresh" option, which keeps files and apps (i think, dont quote me on that one) and reinstalls windows

Bow down to me humans.