GPU outputting mono color

Hello guys,

I had my a problem with my pc. Sometimes when I played games the display suddenly went black. I could still talk over teamspeak, but couldn't see anything. I thought it was a problem with the graphics card (R9 390) so I sent it back and bought a new one (Gtx 1060). But now the is the same problem. For example yesterday I played overwatch and after two games the display suddenly went green. The gpu isn't overheating, its max temperature was 55 C. It shouldn't be a power problem either. I got a 650 W Power Supply and a power calculator says my pc should use around 300 W and suggested me 500 W Power supplys. I thought it might be a loose connection at the pci slot, but I don't touch the pc before it goes blank and I also don't have to relocate the graphics card to work again, I just have to restart the pc.
Do you have an idea what could be the problem? 

Have a nice day  
Yannick

Update:

So after switching the pci slot the problem still occurs, which leads me to believe that the motherboard is probably not the cause of it.

Also known is that the gpu is not the problem since it's a new one and the old one had the same problem.

The cooling is not the problem since the gpu stays under 60 C.

The problem only occurs while gaming, so under a big gpu load, but a big cpu load does not trigger it.

The PC gets a lot louder (also happend with the old gpu) when it happens (some fans start spinning faster). I could reduce it to the gpu fans or the psu fan.

--> My newest guess would be that the problem is the power supply or more specific, since the motherboard gets enough power and theoretical it should deliver enough power for the gpu, the PCIe cable (i believe it's called PCIe) connected to the gpu is broken/not working properly. On the other hand the 1060 shows if it's PCIe connector is placed correctly. I would like to hear someone else's thought on that matter.

The strange thing is, it only happens during gaming. Maybe it's a software problem, but I switched from amd to nvidea with new drivers and everything, so I don't know which part of the software could be the problem.

My gtx 1070 produced some real heavy artifacts in Rise of the tomb raider. Picture went all dark and green and partly unrendered. 

Same with COD infinite warfare. One scene just went full retard and I couldn't see anything, the game was runing tho. 

It turend out  to be a gpu overclock. I had do lower it. Maybe that's what's causing the problem with you?

If that doesn't help, reinstall the driver. Reinstall Geforce Experience.

1 minute ago, Light-Yagami said:

My gtx 1070 produced some real heavy artifacts in Rise of the tomb raider. Picture went all dark and green and partly unrendered. 

Same with COD infinite warfare. One scene just went full retard and I couldn't see anything, the game was runing tho. 

It turend out  to be a gpu overclock. I had do lower it. Maybe that's what's causing the problem with you?

I have a 550W PSU on my system and it's working just fine. Your power consumption is probably not even 250W.

20 minutes ago, Light-Yagami said:

I bought a not overlooked version and also did not overclock it myself. The thing is I swaped my gpu from r9 390 to 1060 because I thought the gpu is the problem. But seeing as the problem remains (I only tried it with overwatch so far but still, same problem (the 1060 showed a only green screen while the 390 showed a only black screen)), I would guess that the gpu isn't the source of the problem. 

second pci slot test

Yannick's Log 15:30

First Overwatch game went without problem. Continuing test.

second pci slot test

Yannick's Log 15:42

Second game worked. continuing

second pci slot test

Yannick's Log 15:52

3rd game was perfekt. I slowly i believe i found the problem. Can't be sure through. If i make it the weekend without the screen blacking i will send back my motherboard.

2 hours ago, IamYannick said:

It shouldn't be a power problem either. I got a 650 W Power Supply and a power calculator says my pc should use around 300 W and suggested me 500 W Power supplys.

I'm not saying it is/isn't a power supply problem, but wattage alone does not tell you that. If the PSU is malfunctioning it doesn't necessarily matter what it's rated wattage is.

Update:

So after switching the pci slot the problem still occurs, which leads me to believe that the motherboard is probably not the cause of it.

Also known is that the gpu is not the problem since it's a new one and the old one had the same problem.

The cooling is not the problem since the gpu stays under 60 C.

The problem only occurs while gaming, so under a big gpu load, but a big cpu load does not trigger it.

The PC gets a lot louder (also happend with the old gpu) when it happens (some fans start spinning faster). I could reduce it to the gpu fans or the psu fan.

--> My newest guess would be that the problem is the power supply or more specific, since the motherboard gets enough power and theoretical it should deliver enough power for the gpu, the PCIe cable (i believe it's called PCIe) connected to the gpu is broken/not working properly. On the other hand the 1060 shows if it's PCIe connector is placed correctly. I would like to hear someone else's thought on that matter.

5 hours ago, IamYannick said:

second pci slot test

Yannick's Log 15:52

3rd game was perfekt. I slowly i believe i found the problem. Can't be sure through. If i make it the weekend without the screen blacking i will send back my motherboard.

Happend with the other PCI as well...

I just swapped the PCI-E cable for an other one (the non-removable one for one i plugged into a PCI-E/CPU slot in the PSU). Let's see if it changes anything.