Really Awesome On Sale PC

RAM555789
2 minutes ago, bgibbz said:

We have already deduced that pictures mean nothing, as different pictures show different parts. The odds of it having an Asus z170-A is slim to none. They would have mentioned it in the specs if it did. From experience, it has low quality parts. We know it has a "600 w 80 +" PSU, the lack of any kind of rating bronze/gold/plat immediately pins it as a VERY low quality unit. I would never put one of these in my system even if building on an extreme budget. Besides that, this is a very clear and long pattern in the OEM PC business. Like much of the world, the industry is run on marketing. They put in several high grade components (the 1060, 6700k) and make sure they make it VERY clear that there PC has those parts in it. The remaining parts are genuinely not disclosed, or at least not easily discerned. This is to hide the fact that they put in low quality products in there. Most consumers see the 1060 and 6700k and immediately say "Hey! This is a great deal!". What incentives do the manufactures have to put in high quality components for the rest of the system? Why would they stick in an expensive motherboard if 99% of consumers in the used category wouldn't know or care about the difference? To most people, if you ask them what the difference is between a 600w 80+ psu and a 450w 80+ bronze, they will simply say the first one is better because it offers more power. This applies to the remainder of the components as well. Most people i know wouldn't be able to say that a WD hard drive is more reliable then a Hitachi drive, and so on. End of the day, the manufactures see absolutely no reason to put in higher quality components in there system. They want to put a PC on the market that is the lowest production cost and lowest retail price in order to maximize products, and more expensive components forces them to have a more expensive system or a smaller markup. 

This has turned kind of ranty, sorry :D

So what pre-built PC have you bought thats over $1000 I'm curious to know. From my own experience in the pre-built market PCs under $1000 tend to have lower quality parts, and run down quickly overtime, but my experence with pre-builts over $1000 has been very good so far. Current ASUS that cost me $1100 is a laptop with a 960m and i7 4200hq or 6700hq (cant remember which) with gb of RAM. The power this thing is packing despite the parts which doubted at first has been amazing. Currently I've been playing a lot of tom clancy rainbow six siege, on high setting at 60+ fps.

2 hours ago, RAM555789 said:

So what pre-built PC have you bought thats over $1000 I'm curious to know. From my own experience in the pre-built market PCs under $1000 tend to have lower quality parts, and run down quickly overtime, but my experence with pre-builts over $1000 has been very good so far. Current ASUS that cost me $1100 is a laptop with a 960m and i7 4200hq or 6700hq (cant remember which) with gb of RAM. The power this thing is packing despite the parts which doubted at first has been amazing. Currently I've been playing a lot of tom clancy rainbow six siege, on high setting at 60+ fps.

thats a laptop, not a prebuilt. sure its assembled from factory but i dont see build your own laptops as a thing(yet atleast) AND its from a reputable brand, ASUS, known to make good quality things. 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

BTW did anyone else notice that cable managment? 

Stop trying to dress up a turd. It's a shitty cooler just to say it's watercooled, while adding additional points of failure. It's a shitty PSU. This could be an alright $1k build by buying it then replacing the cooler and PSU... But at that point just fucking build it.

You have to make the difference between a laptop and a prebuilt desktop lol.

16 hours ago, JoeyDM said:

Stop trying to dress up a turd. It's a shitty cooler just to say it's watercooled, while adding additional points of failure. It's a shitty PSU. This could be an alright $1k build by buying it then replacing the cooler and PSU... But at that point just fucking build it.

I did so digging around and the PSU is acutally decent, and the motheboard as well. Heres a breakdown from there website

Processor: Intel Core i7-6700k 8M Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 GHz CPU

Graphic Card: Nvidia Powered Zotac GTX 1060 6GB

Memory: 16GB DDR4 Gaming memory

Optical Drive: N/A

Hard Drive 1: 240 GB SSD 

Hard Drive 2: 2TB HDD 7200 RPM

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170-Gaming-K3 Motherboard

Power Supply: Thermaltake 600W Bronze Certified PSU

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

https://www.skytechpc.net/products/gtx-1060-vr-ready-skytech-omega-gaming-pc-i7-6700k-4-0ghz-liquid-cooled-gtx-1060-6gb-2tb-hdd-240gb-ssd-16gb-ddr4-win-10-pro-64-bit

After a little mor digging around I found that the cooling system was 

Liquid Cooling: Thermaltake Water 3.0 120mm AIO Liquid Cooling

and outputs were

6 USB (2 X USB 3.0; 4 X USB 2.0), 1 x Dual-link DVI, 3 x DisplayPort (version 1.4), 1 x HDMI

http://www.pccomponentshq.com/index.php/product/gtx-1060-vr-ready-skytech-omega-gaming-computer-pc-i7-6700k-4-0ghz-liquid-cooled-gtx-1060-6gb-2tb-hdd-240gb-ssd-16gb-ddr4-win-10-pro-64-bit/