Please abandon YouTube.

That Norwegian Guy

I guess I'll never get anywhere with this, as people tend to get set in their ways, or have already spent so much time setting up their precious monetization they feel stuck, but I've had it up to over my head with YT and I will not touch it with a paddle anymore.

It's not so much about the comments BS lately, as it is about everything - all of the shit they pulled over the last 1.5 years, breaking the video player itself, the comments, the intrusion of fullscreen ads, and ESPECIALLY the way they are servants to the wildest whims of Copyright-assassins and takedown bots. I see only one way forward for YouTube, and that is backwards... Possibly all the way back to the stone ages, but I am migrating my content to Vimeo and I'm not going to look back until they start understanding what got them to where they are today (the users)

Anyway, some more thoughts in this thread: link

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

lol nope

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

That is not gonna lead to anywhere. :)

(p.s if 10 abandon youtube because of this thread, that is about 0.0100000000% of all users :P)

Not going to happen

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

"abandon YouTube"

Okay, so Linus and all of our favorite content providers get nothing. That's a real great idea you have there...

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

i would want to, but there is no real alternative...

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

Stick with youtube, run adblock and stop using internet explorer 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

abandon YouTube? so you're telling me to abandon my life? well thanks a lot for wanting me to die...

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Yeah no, Youtube might suck from time to time but we all should already be aware of the shit it sometimes pulls off and it shouldn't come as a surprise

One word... "Linus"

But yeah, Google has been doing a lot of not so great things lately. I would like to have options, but as it stands now, there really isn't any. If only Valve could make their own take on YouTube :-p

I guess I'll never get anywhere with this, as people tend to get set in their ways, or have already spent so much time setting up their precious monetization they feel stuck, but I've had it up to over my head with YT and I will not touch it with a paddle anymore.

It's not so much about the comments BS lately, as it is about everything - all of the shit they pulled over the last 1.5 years, breaking the video player itself, the comments, the intrusion of fullscreen ads, and ESPECIALLY the way they are servants to the wildest whims of Copyright-assassins and takedown bots. I see only one way forward for YouTube, and that is backwards... Possibly all the way back to the stone ages, but I am migrating my content to Vimeo and I'm not going to look back until they start understanding what got them to where they are today (the users)

Anyway, some more thoughts in this thread: link

Im with you on this one. Im going to abandon the service (for now at least).

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

"abandon YouTube"

Okay, so Linus and all of our favorite content providers get nothing. That's a real great idea you have there...

He could upload to Vimeo and charge for watching videos on Vimeo, voilá - he wins both ways. As opposed to not doing anything, and taking an undetermined hit to views and ad revenue based on the unknown number of people who feel like they've had it with YouTube just about now.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

oh COME ON!... all of this just because of a merge with their other services? that make it easier to get around?... Im leaving the forums for a while.. I'll be back when this all dies down..

Edit:... couldn't stay away.. but im still mad!.. Smile-izmena_zpsae25b197.gif

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Quick! Everyone to Twitch!

Computer Specs (The Space Fridge):

CPU: Intel i5 3570k | Motherboard: MSI Z77A G45 | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Blu | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 (60GB) | 

HDD: Seagate Barracuda (500GB) | GPU: MSI HD 7950 Fwin Frozr iii | PSU: Corsair CX600 | Case: NZXT Phantom 410 w/ NZXT Blue LED strip

He could upload to Vimeo and charge for watching videos on Vimeo, voilá - he wins both ways. As opposed to not doing anything, and taking an undetermined hit to views and ad revenue based on the unknown number of people who feel like they've had it with YouTube just about now.

And how is he going to get all his subscribers to go on Vimeo to watch his stuff? He'd basically be trying to do what companies all over the world pay millions - if not billions - to do. People aren't just going to jump ship because he says so, as it would be an inconvenience. 

I actually like what Google's been doing with YouTube lately, and I think if this is how YouTube wants to run their 100% free product, then people should adapt. They've paid billions for the infrastructure and servers required to run a service like this, and I doubt it's going to go down because one guys says to stop using it. There isn't any company that will be spending $2,300,000,000 on servers and infrastructure, but happily, Google is.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

And how is he going to get all his subscribers to go on Vimeo to watch his stuff? He'd basically be trying to do what companies all over the world pay millions - if not billions - to do. People aren't just going to jump ship because he says so, as it would be an inconvenience. 

He doesn't have to get all his subscribers to go on Vimeo or any other service, but why should he or any other content creator limit themselves to just on distribution channel.

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

I don't really care about the comment section so much. Youtube is Google's property,

they bought it, and having it integrated with the rest of Google's services makes

nothing but sense for them. Having said that, I'm way too paranoid to ever be on a

social network with my real name, so I can't say I'm too happy about them trying to

push G+ on me. But it makes sense from their POV, can't argue with that.

The one big issue I have with Youtube is how utterly scared they are about copyright

issues, so it's much too easy to take a video down (or even have an account disabled)

with bogus copyright claims in comparison to how difficult it is to actually stand

up against incorrect bot decisions and/or false claims made by some douchebag for

whatever reason. Excellent example: TotalBiscuit's recent review on Garry's whatever.

Seriously, what happened there simply should not be possible, and it certainly shouldn't

happen this easily.

The video player itself does suck pretty bad these days IMO, especially when it comes

to buffering and fast-forward/-backward (though I realize this might not always be

Youtube's fault). But seriously, once the video has been completely loaded, having

it reload when I go back and watch it again (or just a part of it) is utterly retarded

IMO, no other way to put it.

I have considered Vimeo, but Youtube simply is the largest platform I'm aware of, and

that is an advantage that cannot be easily dismissed, at least not for me.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

I was suggesting to upload both to Vimeo and YouTube. And he can charge for Vimeo watches, since (to my knowledge) there is no ads.

Why abondon the ship, When we can mutiny instead. Yar Har!!

Why abondon the ship, When we can mutiny instead. Yar Har!!

Because the penalty for mutiny is often more agonizing than dying a slow

death from thirst and exposure in the middle of the ocean?

EDIT:

This assumes you're given a life-boat upon abandoning ship. If you just

jump into the water and die quickly of drowning, the argument for abandoning

ship vs. mutiny becomes even stronger.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Youtube may have it's problems, even some failry significant ones in my mind, but for the moment it's still the best video hosting site around. If it keeps up the bad decisions and users start bleeding over to other services, then it'll probably start experiencing accelerating losses.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

That is not gonna lead to anywhere. :)

(p.s if 10 abandon youtube because of this thread, that is about 0.0100000000% of all users :P)

so... you're saying 10 =  0.0100000000% but  0.0100000000% = 0 so... 10 = 0

meme_genius_png_by_mfsyrcm-d58rff6.png

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis