bcd error Windows 10

Supositware

Hey everyone i have a big problem with my pc the bcd got corrupt for no reason and i try so many thing it didint fix

i try :

bootrec /fixmbr

bootrec /fixboot

bootrec /rebuildbcd

bcdboot

bcdedit

sfc /scannow

nothing worked but im still able to acesse my file with a live cd.

if someone is able to help i would be greatfull

offload the data format the whole hard drive and install windows from scratch

6600K - ASUS Z270i Gaming ITX - 8GB Corsair  Vengence LPX DDR4 2400MHZ - EVGA 1070SC - 120GB HyperX Savage SSD - CX430 PSU:|

PSU tier list- 

1 minute ago, Matt_98 said:

offload the data format the whole hard drive and install windows from scratch

I would love to do that but i can't there is too much information on it for work.

9 minutes ago, Supositware said:

I would love to do that but i can't there is too much information on it for work.

i've always wondered if it's possible in this situation, to reinstall windows from fresh, and then simply replace the new empty NTFS partition with your old one, just clone it in or something. will that work ?

Home PC:

CPU: i7 4790s ~ Motherboard: Asus B85M-E ~ RAM: 32GB Ballistix Sport DDR3 1666 ~ GPU: Sapphire R9 390 Nitro ~ Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-03 ~ Storage: Kingston Predator 240GB   PCIE M.2 Boot, 2TB HDD, 3x 480GB SATA SSD's in RAID 0 ~ PSU:    Corsair CX600
Display(s): Asus PB287Q , Generic Samsung 1080p 22" ~ Cooling: Arctic T3 Air Cooler, All case fans replaced with Noctua NF-B9 Redux's ~ Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion ~ Mouse: Cheap Microsoft Wired (i like it) ~ Sound: Radial Pro USB DAC into 250w Powered Speakers ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

Work PC:

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1275 v3 ~ Motherboard: Asrock E3C226D2I ~ RAM: 16GB DDR3 ~ GPU: GTX 460 ~ Case: Silverstone SG05 ~ Storage: 512GB SATA SSD ~ Displays: 3x1080p 24" mix and matched Dell monitors plus a 10" 1080p lilliput monitor above ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

i have seen too that the error code changer to something like 0xc0000098 to 0xc0000034 does it matter ?

and there is a lot of partition that i dont even know what they serve to ( thx acer ) so i cant create a new one.

there is 3 recovery partition 2 primary and 1 reserved.

2 hours ago, samut said:

You can recreate BCD hive from scratch using Emergency Boot Kit (choose Mount & Boot Center in the main menu).

Before doing that delete your old corrupt BCD hive, or better rename it (so you revert to it later if necessary).

Arf i would love to pay for it but i dont know if it will work :( at least it find the bootloader

Do you have access to a windows installation?  In that environment you can open a command prompt with Shift + F10.

Unplug any other drives such as USB drives or external drives first.

Do the following commands

diskpart

sel disk 0

list vol

You should now see something similar to this:

vol.PNG

In my case Volume 2 is the system partition. By default, it does not have a mountpoint. Find out which of the partitions is your system partition.

In Windows 10, sometimes it isn't even labeled "System", but it's usually the one partition around 100 - 200 mb in size (windows 10 tends to be larger). It is also usually the only volume to be Fat32.

Now if you know which volume is your system volume, then in DISKPART, do

sel vol 2 (your volume there)

assign letter s

exit

The system volume now has a mountpoint. Now, do

bcdboot C:\Windows /S S: /F all

If the command above ran successfully, it has recreated new bootfiles based upon the data in the windir.

You can now try and boot the system.

On 2017-02-14 at 5:00 PM, DnFx91 said:

i've always wondered if it's possible in this situation, to reinstall windows from fresh, and then simply replace the new empty NTFS partition with your old one, just clone it in or something. will that work ?

No, that will not work.

Often times when Windows can't boot, it's a problem with the System / EFI partition and not the Windows partition. The System partition can be recreated, although the safest thing in my opinion would be to capture the Windows partition with DISM to a .wim file, and then cleaning the drive, repartitioning it with GPT and applying the image to a new NTFS partition.

1 hour ago, dotchetter said:

Do you have access to a windows installation?  In that environment you can open a command prompt with Shift + F10.

Unplug any other drives such as USB drives or external drives first.

Do the following commands

diskpart

sel disk 0

list vol

You should now see something similar to this:

vol.PNG

In my case Volume 2 is the system partition. By default, it does not have a mountpoint. Find out which of the partitions is your system partition.

In Windows 10, sometimes it isn't even labeled "System", but it's usually the one partition around 100 - 200 mb in size (windows 10 tends to be larger). It is also usually the only volume to be Fat32.

Now if you know which volume is your system volume, then in DISKPART, do

sel vol 2 (your volume there)

assign letter s

exit

The system volume now has a mountpoint. Now, do

bcdboot C:\Windows /S S: /F all

If the command above ran successfully, it has recreated new bootfiles based upon the data in the windir.

You can now try and boot the system.

I tried it it say BFSVC error : Failed to validate boot manager checksum ( C:\Windows\boot\EFI\bootmgfw.efi ) ! Error code ? oxc1 

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 9:45 AM, Supositware said:

Hey everyone i have a big problem with my pc the bcd got corrupt for no reason and i try so many thing it didint fix

i try :

bootrec /fixmbr

bootrec /fixboot

bootrec /rebuildbcd

bcdboot

bcdedit

sfc /scannow

nothing worked but im still able to acesse my file with a live cd.

if someone is able to help i would be greatfull

boot to bios

reset to default

save

reboot

if you get command line

look error code up use regedit to fix if registry

or if bad file then copy new copy from livedisc you have

if you get cmd line

and access your diskdrive goto the windows folder

type win.exe or explorer.exe

see if they launch

4 minutes ago, bcguru9384 said:

boot to bios

reset to default

save

reboot

if you get command line

look error code up use regedit to fix if registry

or if bad file then copy new copy from livedisc you have

if you get cmd line

and access your diskdrive goto the windows folder

type win.exe or explorer.exe

see if they launch

i dont know if i didint understand but i reset bios save reboot still bcd error only way to get cmd its with a windows 10 setup ( wich i have ) but i dont understand " if bad file then copy new copy from livedisc you have" copy wich file ?

2 minutes ago, Supositware said:

i dont know if i didint understand but i reset bios save reboot still bcd error only way to get cmd its with a windows 10 setup ( wich i have ) but i dont understand " if bad file then copy new copy from livedisc you have" copy wich file ?

when you get error screen there should be a number

write number down and google

if error is bad file then find copy of the file and copy from source to your disk

use d: as dvddrive. c: as hard disk d:/copy d:/folders/filename c:/folderspotneeded/filename

that will copy from disc to harddrive

1 hour ago, Supositware said:

I tried it it say BFSVC error : Failed to validate boot manager checksum ( C:\Windows\boot\EFI\bootmgfw.efi ) ! Error code ? oxc1 

I see. There is probably corrupted data in that file.

Try this command from the installation environment commandprompt, and then repeating my previous post:

copy X:\Windows\Boot\EFI\bootmgfw.efi C:\Windows\boot\EFI\ /y

21 hours ago, dotchetter said:

I see. There is probably corrupted data in that file.

Try this command from the installation environment commandprompt, and then repeating my previous post:

copy X:\Windows\Boot\EFI\bootmgfw.efi C:\Windows\boot\EFI\ /y

it dosent find the folder where to copy at :( and when i do cd C: \Windows\boot\EFI it cant find it and the system is in efi wich is wierd is it safe to copy the EFI folder from the installation environment ?

1 hour ago, Supositware said:

it dosent find the folder where to copy at :( and when i do cd C: \Windows\boot\EFI it cant find it and the system is in efi wich is wierd is it safe to copy the EFI folder from the installation environment ?

It could be due to the installation environment changing the driveletters. do

diskpart

list vol

You should see there which volume letter is assigned to the Windows volume.

It should be OK, this is sort of a last resort.

3 minutes ago, dotchetter said:

It could be due to the installation environment changing the driveletters. do

diskpart

list vol

You should see there which volume letter is assigned to the Windows volume.

It should be OK, this is sort of a last resort.

I already looked at when i do cd ( or dir dont remember cuz of linux ) there is no EFI folder in c:\windows\boot\

8 minutes ago, Supositware said:

I already looked at when i do cd ( or dir dont remember cuz of linux ) there is no EFI folder in c:\windows\boot\

If you typed the literal path that I pasted above and it did not find it, your system is probably legacy.

Anyhow;

If you run the command in my first post, after doing all the previous steps... but you change it to:

bcdboot X:\Windows /S S: /F bios

Will you get another output? You should be getting "Boot files successfully created"

Enter the UEFI settings and turn off Secure Boot, and enable legacy boot or "Both" if you have that setting. Basically, a default setting resolves these settings to legacy compatible.

5 minutes ago, dotchetter said:

It is a hidden system folder, so it is not visible with dir.

But if you typed the literal path that I pasted above and it did not find it, your system is probably legacy.

Anyhow;

If you run the command in my first post, after doing all the previous steps... but you change it to:

bcdboot X:\Windows /S S: /F bios

Will you get another output? You should be getting "Boot files successfully created"

Enter the UEFI settings and turn off Secure Boot, and enable legacy boot or "Both" if you have that setting. Basically, a default setting resolves these settings to legacy compatible.

it gives me "BFSVC ERROR : Failed to set element application device. Status = [c00000bb] i already tried in legacy mode even restore to default ( there isint much option its a laptop i hate them )

7 minutes ago, Supositware said:

it gives me "BFSVC ERROR : Failed to set element application device. Status = [c00000bb] i already tried in legacy mode even restore to default ( there isint much option its a laptop i hate them )

I see.

Can you upload a picture or document output of

Diskpart

list vol

sel vol C ( or your windows volume )

detail vol

Ofc i'il just translate it to you

Drive 0 online 931 Go 

Read only No

Hiden No

No Default drive letter No ( is this the issue ? )

offline No

Bitlocker No

and the last where i dont know how to translate it

IMG_20170220_001307[1].jpg

Thank you. No, it is not the issue.

If it's not too much trouble, could you also upload the output of just

diskpart

list vol

Do you by any chance have a large external harddrive? Roughly the size of the used space on your drive (500gb minimum)?

7 minutes ago, dotchetter said:

Thank you. No, it is not the issue.

If it's not too much trouble, could you also upload the output of just

diskpart

list vol

Do you by any chance have a large external harddrive? Roughly the size of the used space on your drive (500gb minimum)?

I have a 1 to external hdd wich has already a backup of the whole drive 

IMG_20170220_002619[1].jpg

Alright. it is a bit funky partitioned... but being OEM, their scripts can differ from Microsoft's sometimes, as well as labeling their partitions.

For example volume 4 would normally be identified as "System" instead of just "hidden" and there's no MSR partition as far as I can see.

What was the last thing before this happened? Im confused as to why you don't have an "EFI" directory in C:\Windows\Boot\ .

Is the backup in a compressed file or just drag-and-drop folders? If you have space on your external drive over, say 500gb or so, I could help you capture the C:\ drive with DISM and re-apply it after reinstalling Windows entirely. that would be automating the re-partitioning phase, and then after the disk is cleaned and windows is re-installed, we can apply the image.

This being OEM - I assume you know the appropriate procedure for your computer. Some manufacturers still deliver recovery CD's and some use a partition on the drive where they keep their recovery environment which can be booted to by pressing a "F.." key upon boot most of the time. I'm uncertain of your skill level so just tell me if you need in-depth help with that if you want to.