bcd error Windows 10

Supositware
2 minutes ago, dotchetter said:

Alright. it is a bit funky partitioned... but being OEM, their scripts can differ from Microsoft's sometimes, as well as labeling their partitions.

For example volume 4 would normally be identified as "System" instead of just "hidden" and there's no MSR partition as far as I can see.

What was the last thing before this happened? Im confused as to why you don't have an "EFI" directory in C:\Windows\Boot\ .

Is the backup in a compressed file or just drag-and-drop folders? If you have space on your external drive over, say 500gb or so, I could help you capture the C:\ drive with DISM and re-apply it after reinstalling Windows entirely. that would be automating the re-partitioning phase, and then after the disk is cleaned and windows is re-installed, we can apply the image.

This being OEM - I assume you know the appropriate procedure for your computer. Some manufacturers still deliver recovery CD's and some use a partition on the drive where they keep their recovery environment which can be booted to by pressing a "F.." key upon boot most of the time. I'm uncertain of your skill level so just tell me if you need in-depth help with that if you want to.

My skill is pretty good its just that issue i could not resolve. I backedup with redo backup and the last thing it was doing was a restart bcs the PC was unable to do anything cant upgrade to the last version of Windows 10 and dosent Turn Off on Windows .there is probably virus tho my dad say no but its horribly slow for no reason.

• 1 year later...
On 2/18/2017 at 11:21 PM, dotchetter said:

Do you have access to a windows installation?  In that environment you can open a command prompt with Shift + F10.

Unplug any other drives such as USB drives or external drives first.

Do the following commands

diskpart

sel disk 0

list vol

You should now see something similar to this:

vol.PNG

In my case Volume 2 is the system partition. By default, it does not have a mountpoint. Find out which of the partitions is your system partition.

In Windows 10, sometimes it isn't even labeled "System", but it's usually the one partition around 100 - 200 mb in size (windows 10 tends to be larger). It is also usually the only volume to be Fat32.

Now if you know which volume is your system volume, then in DISKPART, do

sel vol 2 (your volume there)

assign letter s

exit

The system volume now has a mountpoint. Now, do

bcdboot C:\Windows /S S: /F all

If the command above ran successfully, it has recreated new bootfiles based upon the data in the windir.

You can now try and boot the system.

thank you so much, with a few alterations i got it to recreate the efi files!

also easyus has a great free uefi recovery tool, i might get a usb just for that for the next time i delete something like the boot by mistake lol

CPU Name: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor @4.25

Motherboard: Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING

RAM: G.Skill Flare X @3200Mhz 14-14-14-34-48-1 (tCAS-tRC-tRP-tRAS-tCS-tCR)

• 1 year later...
On 2/18/2017 at 6:21 PM, dotchetter said:

Do you have access to a windows installation?  In that environment you can open a command prompt with Shift + F10.

Unplug any other drives such as USB drives or external drives first.

Do the following commands

diskpart

sel disk 0

list vol

You should now see something similar to this:

vol.PNG

In my case Volume 2 is the system partition. By default, it does not have a mountpoint. Find out which of the partitions is your system partition.

In Windows 10, sometimes it isn't even labeled "System", but it's usually the one partition around 100 - 200 mb in size (windows 10 tends to be larger). It is also usually the only volume to be Fat32.

Now if you know which volume is your system volume, then in DISKPART, do

sel vol 2 (your volume there)

assign letter s

exit

The system volume now has a mountpoint. Now, do

bcdboot C:\Windows /S S: /F all

If the command above ran successfully, it has recreated new bootfiles based upon the data in the windir.

You can now try and boot the system.

Thanks bro. you save my life

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/19/2017 at 5:39 PM, dotchetter said:

Is the backup in a compressed file or just drag-and-drop folders? If you have space on your external drive over, say 500gb or so, I could help you capture the C:\ drive with DISM and re-apply it after reinstalling Windows entirely. that would be automating the re-partitioning phase, and then after the disk is cleaned and windows is re-installed, we can apply the image.

Hi! how would I do that?

I have an issue with my windows boot.
When I try to boot, "Blinitializelibrary failed 0xc00000bb"
I already tried to fix the BCD but it didn't worked.